cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML template ignored in bwsp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I develop a web transaction which allows users to submit their application online. Upon submission, the authorized approver will approve/reject the application via bwsp on the web.

I created the dialog transaction, service file and generate the HTML template via se80. I have modified the generated HTML template to add additional elements such as textarea, beautify it etc. I do publish the service.

The application works fine whereby the applicant is able to see the revised HTML template. When I view source, it has an entry :

<!--

This page was created by the

SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS, Version 6100.1034.66.8200, Build 610.668200, ....

All rights reserved.

Creation time: Thu Dec 02 12:03:31 2004

Charset: iso-8859-1

Template: <b>zhr_tm_nonvacl/99/SAPMZHR_TM_NONVACLV_100.html</b> -->

However, when the approver opens it via bwsp, the user interface is generated by the ITS again, without the additions that I have put in (ignoring the HTML template already there). When I view source :

<!--

This page was created by the

SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS, Version 6100.1034.66.8200, Build 610.668200, Virtual Server PRO, WGate-AGate ....

All rights reserved.

Creation time: Thu Dec 02 12:04:45 2004

Charset: iso-8859-1

-->

<!----

I am wondering why when the transaction is viewed via bwsp, the HTML template I revised is ignored. I appreciate any advise.

Thank you.

Regards

Kir Chern

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Solution????????

I am having a similar problem but in my case I have not done any modification/Enhancement to the Service but still it is not picking up the template and generating the output(HTML Output) at runtime.

Any help....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

I did exactly the steps you mentioned too. In bwsp, the application just quits, in Portal, the ITS cannot find the template file, and hence regenerates itself (i.e. direct translating the web gui), despite ~GENERATEDYNPRO = 0.

The only workaround is to rename the template folder, zhr_tm_nonvacl to zhr_tm_nonvaclv.

Appreciate all your inputs and suggestions, do let me know if there are further clues. Thank you.

Regards

Kir Chern

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gred,

Thank you for your reply but it still does not work :=(

I tried exactly the way you suggested, i.e. renaming the service file, and to include the statement

~sources zhr_tm_nonvaclv.srvc, zhr_tm_nonvacl.srvc in the service file.

However, the application just quits whenever I run. If you go to se93, you'll note that there is a field called service. Clicking F1, and choosing technical data, you'll find that the data type/length = char(14).

Do let me know if you have any further suggestions. Thank you.

Regards

Kir Chern

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kir,

Gerd had a typo in his suggestion. The line should be:

~sources zhr_tm_nonvaclv, zhr_tm_nonvacl

This will tell the ITS to look in the zhr_tm_nonvaclv and zhr_tm_nonvacl directories for templates when this service file is executed.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

I did as suggested, i.e. changing the parameter ~GENERATEDYNPRO = 0 but it does not resolve the problem. The transaction is called via bwsp as a workitem for approvers to approve/reject the application. I agree with you that the ITS is unable to find the HTML templates. The possible cause is because the transaction is named <b>ZHR_TM_NONVACLV</b> but the internet service is named <b>ZHR_TM_NONVACL</b> (The "V" missing because SAP does not accept more than 14 characters).

Though I define the internet service as ZHR_TM_NONVACL in the transaction ZHR_TM_NONVACLV (via se93), it seems that the ITS insist to find the HTML templates from the folder <b>zhr_tm_nonvaclv</b> in the templates folder on the ITS.

Also, I tried to rename the transaction ZHR_TM_NONVACLV to ZHR_TM_NONVACL and changing the ~TRANSACTION to ZHR_TM_NONVACL but to no avail. Somewhere ITS is still looking for the HTML templates from the template folder ZHR_TM_NONVACLV.

Is there any way I can point the transaction to look for a different service file, when the name of the service file is not the same as the transaction.

Thank you.

Regards

Kir Chern

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kir Chern

I'm not sure where the restriction of 14 characters comes from. I have seen longer service names before.

But a simple workaround would be to copy file

zhr_tm_nonvacl.srvc to

zhr_tm_nonvaclv.srvc

and add the following line:

~sources zhr_tm_nonvaclv.srvc,zhr_tm_nonvacl.srvc

This will achieve two things:

- there is a service file, so webgui won't be used

- you can re-use the templates and mimes from the

service ZHR_TM_NONVACL

can you give it a try?

best regards

Gerd

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kir Chem,

try to set ~generateDynpro to 0 in the service file of your web transaction.

(Documentation of ~generateDynpro: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/d4/936bba46cb11d480aa00c04f99fbf0/content.htm)

If that doesn't help there must be a path problem that causes the ITS not to find your service file. How is your web transaction called within bwsp? What URL is used for that?

Regards,

Henning