Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV standard filter functionality

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a WDA with an ALV standard component SALV_WD_TABLE , so it has the filter functionality and it works with most of fields , but i have a field for order (VBELN) and when i write an existing order and press filter button the value changes to internal format so any record apperas.

I mean the ALV show several records, one of them with order number 89012 , then i enter in top of ALV 89012 and press filter button, but this value is changed to 0000089012 so that order does not exits in ALV records and no one record appears.

If i change the context table attribute Order to STRING type instead to VBELN type the filter works because the filter button does not add zeros to value entered.

Does some body knows if there is a way to solve these without change the Context table attribute to STRING type ?

Regards

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this

search like

*8092*

, then you will see the number which contains 8092..

Regards

Srinivas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you filter the interger or special characters in ALV you are ** for that.

Best regards,

Rohit

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers, in fact the table column is typed like VBELN wich has the ALPHA conversion routine the filter button add zeros to the value ; so if i change the type to STRING it works but i would not like to change the type because it is actually an VBELN field.

So the standard functionality is use * * for do these.

Best Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

When you are entering 89012 and pressing enter the additional zeros are adding up because of the data type of VBELN We have standard conversion routine attached with this .So when ever u wrtie any text that routine will works.

Can you please check what data type are you using in the internal table that you are binding to the node?

Thanks and Regards,

NSingh

Edited by: Nsingh on Feb 17, 2012 4:52 AM