cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform - Skip Page one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have an invoice smartform comprised of the 3 distinct page types: Page 1 is a cover page used in 80% of invoices scenarios, Page 2 is the detail page and has different formatting depending on invoice type (i.e. Export, domestic, pro-forma, etc) and Page 3 is only used for Pro-Forma invoices, displaying packaging details.

Is there anyway that I can get the form to skip the cover page and go straight to Page 2 for the 20% scenarios where no cover page is required? I can only use the command option within the MAIN window, and by that stage it's too late: logo, header, sender details etc have already been written on page 1.

Regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do this with the Condition tab in page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply Gop.

I used your suggestion, and moved my 'Cover' page details into a secondary window that I placed over the top of the Main Window, and used the window condition to determine whether it was to be displayed or not, based on the document type. I removed the 'Cover' page entirely, so I only have a 'First' and 'Next' page. Then in the Main window, the first object was an alternative object with a check on the doc type. If the document type was the same as what caused the cover to print, I called a command to goto a new page, and continued to process. For the 20% of documents this doesn't apply to, the cover page window won't be called, and the new page command won't be called, so the output will appear on page 1 as required.

Not sure if this was how you thought it would work, but it gave me a prod in the right direction.

Thanks again.

Steve

Answers (0)