cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW35 SP8 Patch - Won't Install on Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is anyone else having trouble with the BI Add on - BW35 SP 8 and patching your installation server?

File is: bw350gui720_8-20006857.exe released on 28.11.2011

It starts the extraction for applying the patch via NwSapSetupAdmin ... but hangs at 100% and never applys.

Installation server is at SAPGui 7.20 Patch 8 with SAP Setup 9.0 applied.

I have Customer Message 0000154758 open on the matter.

Thanks,

Bob H

MInneapolis, MN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, Bob,

The issue is addressed with this note:

[1587566 Installation problems with NwSapSetup Version 8.6|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1587566]

Please download the latest sapsetup patch and apply it to your server.

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Jude ... I had tried to download latest SAP SETUP 9.0 patch yesterday but were you aware a new version 5 was put up on 16.2.2012 and requires you to submit a Support Message to XX-INT-NAAS-MAKE to request ability to download it? What's up with that? I did this yesterday and no response on my request to download it. Someone must have corrected things, as I can now download it today. No more prompts about exception download and request process. I wonder if whoever placed the new version on the download site yesteray, had something mis-configured. Also it would be nice if previous versions (at least one back) were kept online for regression testing. Only the 'new' version 5 is shown. Bob H Minneapolis, MN

P.S. BW35 SP 8 now installs after patching with SAPSETUP90P2SP00_5-20008539.EXE

Edited by: Bob Held on Feb 17, 2012 7:40 PM

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

The reason for the unavailability of the patch is that it's been updated quite a bit (as you can tell).

There can be brief periods where the sapsetup patch is being updated at the time you are attempting

to download the file.

Best Regards,

Jude.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jiri_lejsek
Explorer
0 Kudos

I had the same issue. I have been able to apply the BW patch after installing SAPGUI patch 12 Hotfix 2 (previous version was 10 Hotfix 3) - just for info that installing sapsetup is not the only way...