cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the default value of EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are on PI 7.0 EHP 1. We have not set the parameter EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL. Does this mean there is only one inbound queue registered by default if the default value is 1? However, I seem to recall that when we had issues with messages stuck in queues, I have seen more than one XBTI8 queues.

Please help me with my doubt. thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

This parameter is the number of Dialog processes available for the inbound RFC processing (SMQ2 entries). The default value of the parameter is 3, so you can process three entries from SMQ2 in parallel. The queue creation/assignment is configured on queue registration and interfaces, not related with this parameter.

Best regards,

Lucas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope this helps.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7b/94553b4d53273de10000000a114084/content.htm]

Hint :In our PI production it is set as 10.

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu

Edited by: Venkata Pagolu on Feb 20, 2012 5:43 PM

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the XI configuration, you can set the number of queues used. Make this setting in the "EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL" parameter, "CENTRAL" subparameter of the "TUNING" category. The default value for this parameter is 20.

Please refer this below SAP Note

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1111968

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

How about the parameter EO_INBOUND_TO_OUTBOUND and EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL?

I assume by default EO_INBOUND_TO_OUTBOUND is set to 1?

Then what is the default value for EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL? Plus to set this parameter you need to specify the receiver, in this case, is it true that EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL is not set at all so only one outbound queue? this does not make sense. Or maybe by default EO_INBOUND_TO_OUTBOUND is set to 0 so EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL is not used at all?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can anyone help me with my questions? thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos
vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For default values of PI Integration Engine configuration that haven't been overwritten by custom values (and, thus, not observed in tx. SXMB_ADM or SXMS_IECONF since no custom entries have been created there), you can take a look into the table SXMSCONFDF.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thank for the very helpful answers. I think your reference to table SXMSCONFDF answered my question.

I do still have a doubt on the parameter EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL:

In table SXMSCONFDF I see the default value is 3 with no sub-parameters specified. Does this mean by default a total of 3 outbound queues are created for all receivers? Or is that 3 outbound queues per receivers will be created? Thanks!