cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing / Exclusion for Bill of Material

0 Kudos

Hello,

I was researching how to prevent an order creation to continue if a material within a BOM is not listed for a customer. I came across to this OSS note 863767, and It seems that this is a standard for SAP

10. Question: How does the check on listing/exclusion occur for the subitems of a BOM?

If a material is created by means of a BOM, and BOM subitems are created, there is always a check on listing/exclusion for all items.

If there is a condition record for a determined subitem that would then not allow the material in question, the system behaves a little differently than in the other processes that also check on listing/exclusion.

At first, only an information message is issued, either V1 117 'Material has been excluded' or V1 118 'Material & is not listed and therefore not allowed'.

The process of the BOM explosion is not interrupted, however, the invalid material is not copied to the BOM. You therefore correctly receive the information message V2 003 'Material & is not copied from the bill of material.'

Note that the check on listing/exclusion prevents the transfer of the item, but it does not change the characteristic valuation in the configuration.

My question is, is there a way to force this into an error message or can I create a user exit to generate an error message?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

This won't work as this is a V1 and V2 message class.

I searched other posts, and they suggested using SE91 to find out where this is used and change the message to an E. I don't want to go this route if I can just build an user exit to capture that and force it into an error message.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if so, that is correct approach - write an exit and force it

good luck!

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with user exit USEREXIT_CHECK_VBEP in program MV45AFZB. Don't change any of the SAP's standard message class + no

Regards,

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you would try to run t-code OVAH and set up this message as Error (Cat= 'E')

regards,