cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect MII 12.2 to a Lotus Notes Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

If somebody can help me with a documentation or steps on how to connect MII 12.2 to a Lotus Notes Database I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The JDBC driver for the database is a must. The .jar file of the JDBC driver should be uploaded in the System Resources -> JDBC drivers screen. And in the Data servers screen a server of type IDBC has to be created with the relevant details as mentioned in the previous post.

You can refer [IDBC connector|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii122sp03/helpdata/en/4d/54cbe9071b60c5e10000000a15822d/frameset.htm]

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

I know the process of adding a new Data Server and all. The problem is the JDBC driver for Lotus Notes. I am not sure if there is any available that is why I was asking if there was any other way to connect to a Lotus Notes Database. I will keep trying to find out if there is any JDBC drivers available. At your end if you can find any other information please let me know. Thanks for your help and quick responses. Really Appreciate it

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If no JDBC driver is available then there are 2 options:

1. If there are web services or HTTP Services available from Lotus Notes you can use them

2. As you said there are some Java API available to access Lotus Notes. You can use them to write a Custom Action and call the Custom Action from MII BLS Transactions.

I am not expert in Lotus Notes so I cannot offfer any help from Lotus Notes side.

regards

Partha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean to use MII on Lotus notes or use it as a data server in MII ?

If it is the latter then please look into the Data Servers screen in MII admin screens.

Thanks,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use it as a Data Server in MII. I have looked at the Data Servers in MII admin but can't get anywhere. I will look again. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

I am not sure where to start. Lotus Notes Databases are .nsf files. There used to be a JDBC driver LDDJ provided by IBM long time ago but they have discontinued that. Not sure what approach to take at this point. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I found a JAVA API that I was able to use to connect to the Lotus Notes Databases but not sure how to do that in MII 12.2. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nehde,

To connect lotus notes Database as Data server, you need to confogure the connection

Steps:

1. MII Menu -- go to Data servers and click new button for adding new connection, there it will ask for type of connection

2. Fill the all required fields which has mentioned in that screen.

Name: Database Name

connector : connection type automatic appeares

connection type: Lotus

Dateprefix : '

DateSuffix: '

DaysRetention: 7

internalDateFormat: yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss (your wish)

JDBCDriver: Ask Lotus Adminstrater( he will provide)

MaxretryCount: 5

Password: Ask Lotus Administrator( he will provide)

PoolMax: 100

Poolsize: 1

Retryinterval: 60000(upto requirement)

SeverPackage: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.<Type of Connection>

serverURL: Ask Lotus Adminstrater( he will provide)

Timeout, UseCount: (upto you)

UserName: Ask Lotus Adminstrater( he will provide)

Validationquery: select sysdate from dual

Waittime: (Upto you)

Then save it and click the status. If its fine, it shows the status running or error.

If shows error, check the JDBCDriver, ServerURL, Username and password.

After all this, you can see this in Connection Status and in MII Workbench.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Praveen Reddy M