Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom webdynpro component not getting into debug mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

would like to inform that we had developed one custom webdynpro application

during testing when the break point has been set in any of the Hook methods or custom methods

its getting into the debug mode

we have tried with all possible scenarios looking for the reply from the experts

Regards

Jaipal.E

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you were unable to debug the component , right?

Once you put the break points, are you executing application directly from SE80( same user ) or from portal?

If it is portal both R/3 user client id and portal user client id both are same?

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sana

yes both the ID's are same for component and portal id which we are using

Regards

Jaipal.E

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

user names also same?

because earlier i also have the same issue. that time my portal and r/3 are same client 100, but the user id are different. So I make debug only for portal user.

So check the user id's.

I assume that you are able to debug other programs like reports

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sana,

would like to inform you that i can able to debug the same component i try to execute the component

its going to Handle_default and also init method but when i tried to execute the same application with portal

its not all working in debug mode

Regards

Jaipal.E

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that's what i am saying Jaipal,

now I can confirm that user names of R/3 and portal user( in portal settings , portal consultant should map a r/3 user id to portal, to pick the data from databse ) are different thats y you are unable to debug

So login into R/3 using portal mapped R/3 user id then put a break point it wil work.

if you still din't get my point then use static break point , [ syntax: break-point ]

Regards

Srinivas.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be the external debugging has been deactivated. Try to activate it Utilities->external debugging->activate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish for quick reply

no it has been not deactivated only for this custom webdynpro component debugging is not working

this application has been integrated with Portal

Regards

Jaipal.E