cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress alv output and display list output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to Webdynpro and hence sorry if it is a repeat post. My requirement is to upload an excel file into sap and also display/change the custom table entry in ALV format. Hence i am using a radio button to enable/disable the UI fields based on where the user chooses " Upload data to custom table" or View/Change existing data".

My question is if the user chooses " View/Change existing data" then the custom table data is displayed in ALV format and the user can choose/change the Contents. If the user chooses to upload data via excel i do not want to display the ALV but instead show a simple list output as to how many records got uploaded succesfuly and how many didn't. How am i to suppress the ALV output and instead call the basic list output?

Please correct me if i am wrong. I am supposed to call two views. One for alv and the other for list output and then fire the output plug accordingly. How to achieve this? Can someone help pls

Regards,

Vaishnavi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vaishnavi,

You can use two views for this.

First display the view with ALV,

Now if user chooses 'Upload from excel button', then in the button action first upload the data and

calculate your successful and unsuccessful records and store these values in some node

declared at component controller.

The node is declared in component controller so that it can be accessed in any view by just mapping.

At last after all calculations fire the outbound plug to the next view and display the output

with necessary details.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is nothing called as basic list in web dynpro

There are 2 ways of displaying more than one record (internal table data) in either ALV or Table.

Using ALV you have an advantage of directly downloading onto excel.

You need to process success and error records separately into 2 internal table, show them in 2 ALVs differently with 2 messages, so that the users can directly download them on to excel file as ALV provides it.

If the user does not want the records (success or error) ones, if the user wants only a message with number of records uploaded/not uploaded then you do not require them to display it in ALV, you can just give them a message.

In this case you can hide the ALV and only display messages in a single view or based on radio button. 2 views or not required.

In the selection screen itself, you can show the number of records uploaded/not uploaded.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.