Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing LiveCycle menu in SFP after install of ALD 9.0

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My computer was recently reimaged to Windows 7. I installed ALD 9.0. If I open the standalone Form Designer application it is fine, but in SFP (Layout tab), the LiveCycle menu is completely missing! This means that in SFP I have no access to many features of ALD. Others in my organization have installed it similarly with no problems (same versions of Windows and ALD), and we havn't been able to determine what's different about my system. I have tried a few ideas I've found, such as changing my Windows display settings, but no luck so far.

My desktop support and Basis people are looking into this, but I was wondering if anyone here had experienced a similar problem, and if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks,

Margaret

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this problem since SAPGUI 7.20 Patch 9 (Patch 8 works fine). My workaround: SAP note 1001103. After the changes are done, you have to move the mouse pointer over the the menu to make it visible.

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Rolf !!! Your answer does solve the problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same problem after installing ALD 8.2 on windows 7. There is only the menu item "file". Any installation within the team is affected.

Did anyone resolved the problem yet?

Thanks,

Ralph

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

It isn't solved yet here, but I have a workaround, so I haven't been actively chasing it. The following workaround works in ALD 9.0; I'm not sure if it works in 8.2. (9.0 is available from SAP in the downloads area.)

The workaround is this: if you create or maintain a form, it will work. It's not corrupted in any way. The problem is if you need a palette that isn't displayed. If it isn't accessible via a context menu, what can you do? I solved this by opening the Form Designer as a standalone application (you should have a shortcut icon on your desktop, or look under Programs in your computer), and looking at the menus there (the menus work in the standalone version), and getting the hotkey combinations for the menu items that I need. Unfortunately not all items have hotkey combinations, but all the ones I've needed so far do. Then close the standalone, go back into SAP and open the layout in SFP, and use the hotkeys to open whatever palette you need.

Finally, to get the form properties page, you can: select an object on your form; go to the Value tab in the object palette; there is a link labeled "Form Level Validation Settings...". This link will open the properties dialog, and you can set target version and other properties there.

I hope this helps. But I sure hope someone comes along with a real solution - this workaround will let you work on a form, but it's kind of a pain!

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph ,

Have  you found solution of it. I am facing same issue as you.

I had  install Adobe Life Cycle Designer 8.2. on Wind 7 by using Sap GUI Netweaver 7.2 . Patch 10.

The Menu only Show "File" .

Besides , i am using Adobe Reader X (10.1.7) .

Does anyone elses have the solution of this issue ?

Thanks

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see Rolf's answer below:  SAP note 1001103.

That worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Margaret, you made my day