cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data sharing between 2 webdynpro component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have created comp1 and comp2 webdynpro components.

i created component interface in comp1.

comp1 usded in comp2 . But comp1 interface controller is not visible comp2 under component usage . Just appearing compoent usage name only.

problem is i have data in the node of comp1 and need to map with comp2 node to disaply the data in the comp2.

say example

It we use salv_wd_table compoent in comp1. then interface controller of ALV is appearing under component usage of COMP1.

please advise.

Regards.

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you activate Comp2?

Try to restart "Web Dynpro Explorer" (SE80) and open your edited component again to see changes. Sometimes "Web Dynpro Explorer" is a little bit weird.

Regards...

ismail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Thanks so much...for your inputs.

But u misunderstood my problem...i found the solution...

like go to comp2 ...and click node component usage....then right click and create ....so that interface controller of comp1 will be appeared in the componenent usage (comp1).

Regards

Ramky

ajoy_chakraborty
Participant
0 Kudos

1) Please check INTERFACE NODE and INPUT ELEMENT (Ext.) properties of NODE in COMPONENT CONTROLLER of COMP1.

2) Now, go to COMP2 -> Double click on COMPONENT -> F4 on Component -> Select COMPONENT 1 -> Enter "Component Use"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This link will help you to do the linking of two components.

[COMP USAGE|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2e71ce83-0b01-0010-11a4-98c28a33195f?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

Thanks,

Karthik.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you want to share data between two components declare the node which you want to

share in the component controller and check the interface node check box.

Now when you use the comp1 in your comp2 you can see this node in the controller usage of

the comp2 component controller's context tab.

Now to pass data between these components map the node from comp1 to comp2 and this node

contains the data which will be in comp1 which you have reused.

As you said you have created component interface , these interface controllers are created only

by system(framework) . For every user defined component like your comp1 an interface will be

generated automatically and this interface consists of all the controllers which helps in component

usage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I created component usage as ZTEST FOR comp1. Then under component usage ZTEST name is appearning but comp1 interface controller is not there ..to map external mapping .

if we create for SALV_WD_TABLE as used component, then i can able to see alv interface controller in componet usage. so that we can exp mapping with DATA node of ALV with local controller context.

Regards

Ram.,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here when you create component usage for comp1 in comp2, Go to the component controller of comp2

and open context tab and click on controller usage from the popup that appears select used component

i.e comp1 now you can see the node in comp1 which was marked as interface node, now just drag and drop

this node into your components context now you will have the data of comp1 in comp2.

As you asked you were not able to see the interface controller, If you mark the node in comp1 as an

input element i.e check the input element property of your node, then when you create component usage

you will see the inteface controller, the use of making the node input element is to do external mapping

from comp2 to comp1 and pass data from comp2 to comp1(reverse from above).

get back if you have any queries.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are in bit confusion..

Whatever the node( 1st comp) you want to see in second component, in the node properties select interface property.

and in second component controller context... click on controller usage button to see the list of reusages component, in that select your 1st comp, then you will see the first comp nodes( only interfaced nodes)

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Thanks for your inputs.

in comp1 I marked context node as interface node. as i know that it is visiible in comp1 when i declared comp1 as component usage in properties tab of component. But my question is why interface controller of comp1 is not visibile under component use of comp2?

Regards

Ramky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See my previous post you can get answer for your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See my previous post you can get answer for your query.

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the node in component controller and mark it as Interface node. With this you should see the node in your comp2.

Regards,