cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use workflow 'WS14000109'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need some urgent help here. I'm intended to use the n-step spending limit workflow. I've 4 Level Approval.

1. 100 - 1000 $ - Manager

2. 1001 - 10,000 - Sr. Manager

4. 10,001 - 100,000 - Exec Manager

5. > 100,001 - CEO

If SC is below 100, then no approval is needed.

In the SLAPPROVER of the User I've set the user ID of the Manager. Then in the SLAPPROVER of the Manager I've set the user id of Sr. Manager. In the SLAPPROVER of Sr. Manager I've set the user id of Exec Manager. In the SLAPPROVER of Exec Manager I've set the user id of CEO.

I've set the appropriate Approval limit for each position in the Org structure.

I've activated the event linkage of the Workflow. I've defined the starting condition of the WF as Bwlow

&_EVT_OBJECT.ExistFollowOnRFQ& <> X and

&_EVT_OBJECT.SpendingLimitofRequester& EX and

&_EVT_OBJECT.SLManagerUser& EX and

&_EVT_OBJECT.TotalValue& > &_EVT_OBJECT.SpendingLimitofRequester& and

&_EVT_OBJECT.NoLimit& <> X and

&_EVT_OBJECT.UserBudgetDefined& NX and

&_EVT_OBJECT.ExistNoPriceLineItem& <> X

Now while creating SC with value below 100$, there is no problem. But when the SC is more than 100$, system is giving error message that 'No workflow can be determined, please contact the system admin'.

Can anybody please help?

Thanks

Debashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are there any other WF's for SC also actiavted in the system?Also,see if the notes 956701 and 901068 help.

BR,

Disha.

PLs reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

In addition to WS14000109, I have WS10000060 active. I think I need WF as without this SC I can't save my SC.

My currency does not have more than 2 decimal places. The other note is not applicable to me as we are at a higher version than that note.

Can you think of some other issues which is causing this problem?

Thanks

Debashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i said,you cannot have 2 WF's for the same object BUS2121(incase of SC) active.So you need to deactivate the WF WS10000060.Otherwise all other settings seem to be fine.

HTH.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I resolve this issue. Now I can see different approvers in the SC. I changed the Starting condition.

For all my users (Including Manager, Sr. Manager, Exec), I've maintained spending limit as 0.01 $. My intension is that all the SC should go for approval.

Now I've another problem. When the Manager is creating a SC (say 105 $), then I'm getting an error

"Approval workflow is ambiguous. Inform system administrator"

Can anybody tell me what is the catch here. Is it the standard behavior of SAP? Its quite logical that Manager can also create SC. Whom should it go for approval?

Thanks

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish,

The message "Approval workflow is ambiguous.Inform system administrator" is because you have activated WF WS10000060.Pls deactivate the same...Your no approval condition is achieved through the spending limit WF itself.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WS10000060 is deactivated. Only the starting condition for WS10000060 is active. If I deactivate this starting condition, I'm unable to create the SC. Once I activate the starting condition for WS10000060, Manager is unable to create a SC that is more than his spending limit.

My starting consition for WS14000109 reads:

'&_EVT_OBJECT.TotalValue& > &_EVT_OBJECT.SpendingLimitofRequester&'

Can anybody tell me why do i need to maintain the starting condition for WS10000060?

Thanks

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose you need to frame your starting conditions as per the Approval and Spending limits that you have set for each of your roles.Otherwise ideally i think you dont need to activate the WF WS10000060.The error message is due to the 2 WF's activated for the same Object.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Can you please elaborate a bit. My starting condition is that when the SC Total value is more than the Spending limit then it should go for approval. Is it wrong in anyway??

Thanks

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You wrote :Once I activate the starting condition for WS10000060, Manager is unable to create a SC that is more than his spending limit.

What do you mean by manager is not able to create the SC?

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Now my WF is working fine for the user (Who does not have a approving limit).

If you read my post, there are different levels of Approval. So the first level is Manager. So when the manager is creating a SC that is more than his spending limit, I'm getting error that 'Approving WF is ambiguous'.

For every level I've put the spending limit as 0.01 $, as I want that all the SC has to be Approved.

Any idea??

Thanks

Debashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not worked on the SL approval WF but this is what i understand...

If you want all the SC to be approved then you really dont require the "No approval required" WF.

Secondly,if you deactivate the WF WS10000060,what is the error you are getting while creating the SC?

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is your issue "Approval workflow is ambiguous..."resolved?

If so let me know how it got resolved.

I encountered same message but in our case we used standard workflows. No n-step BADI.

Regards

Jagadish