cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check custom fields before wbs-release

0 Kudos

hi experts!

I want to check a few custom fields during the release of a wbs in the CJ20. If the check is not ok, the release-process should be aborted.

I have managed to check this fields with a valitation. The valitation ist only active after pressing SAVE in the CJ20, but this point of time is to late.

The following exits work fine for activitys and network, but I can not find an exit for WBS!

CNEX0028 Check activity release

CNEX0029 Check network release

I also tried the BADI "WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE" but this could not solve my problem, because the BADI is active after pressing SAVE in the CJ20 and not during the wbs-release.

Has anyone a suggestion?

kind regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that BADI will solve your issue. During save, you need to first check changes to WBS in that particular session and if you find WBS release then apply your checking conditions.

Regards

Shrikant

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Stefan,

The release won't be updated until you save, though? Why exactly does the validation not meet your requirements?

0 Kudos

Good morning Sebastian

the problem is that the mandatory fields which were checked in the validation have to be maintained in a Z-transaction and not in the CJ20.

So when the user makes changes in the Project-Planningboard of the CJ20 (for example updating activities and releasing of wbs) and the validation during save realizes that the mandatory fields in the Z-table are not filled, the user has to EXIT the CJ20 open the Z-Transaction to maintain the mandatory fields and start again with the CJ20, because the former changes are lost.

I need a Exit which is active after pressing EDIT-STATUS-RELEASE and not after pressing SAVE!