Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost planning for Internal Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Need your inputs in handling the scenario below-

I have created a project with Internal and Cost activities, for cost activities i can able to see the PLANNED values in the cost reports (beacuse I had entered Amount in Cost activity) but, why I am NOT able to see the planned values for Internal activities though i had entered the price in the same activities? I have released the Network but still, costs are not apperaring in report, what could be the reason?

Are internal activities require cost planning in CJ40 via WBS elements? please let me know.

Thanks for your time and understanding.

Regards,

Sumanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Please let us know how you entered cost for internal activities manually.

The Costs for internal activities comes from either if you have assigned material to your activity or planned work using work centre and Activity type.

Also to check your Costing Variant Plan selected in Control Tab of your Network.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin/ PSR/ Fortian,

Thanks a lot for your responses.

For internal actvity, what I did is, I have assigned a work center and assigned an Activity type in the CJ20N and I was able to see some PLANNED costs against to the internal activity.

But, please help in clearing my doubts below-

1. When we are planning costs to Internal activity via Work center, is it something like first we need to create Activity type (KL01)  Assign the same to Work Center (CNR2) Assign the same WC for the activity in CJ20N. Then, what we will do in KP26? (because we have entered formula in CNR2). On what basis, costs will be calculated?

2. In KP26, where exactly I need to enter price (standard or variable), how does system consider the cost?

3. Is it possible to see how many activity types are assigned to a Cost center (please correct me if the question is wrong)

Finally, I can see some planned cost for my internal activity, but, I m really confused how the system calculated those costs?

Regards,

Sumanth

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In KP26 you inform the price per time for your activity.

In KSBT you can see all the activities type prices you have defined for a cost center an a period.

Maybe the experts would give you some more detail.

Regards,

Fortian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please folow below steps :

Create Activity Type

Create Work Center

Create Cost Center

Assign Activity Type and Cost Center in CNR2

Plan price in KP26 e.g 100 / HR

In CNR2 we just maintain formula e.g SAP0008. and we plan prices in KP26

In KP26, where exactly I need to enter price (standard or variable), how does system consider the cost

System considers standard price first if you have maintained else it considers Variable.

While planning for Internal Activity you enter e.g. 8 hrs in work.

then maintain Activity Type and Work Center.

Now system will calcualte cost as 8 hrs * 100 (price maintained in KP26) = 800

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin/ Fortian

Thanks for your responses.

Nitin u2013 yes, it really cleared my doubt and now I am able to plan costs for Internal activities via planning work from Work Center.

Appreciate your valuable and quick response.

Regards,

Sumanth.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can plan your costs on internal activities maintaining Work Cetner and activity type and planned hours on activity.

Let us know, are you maintaining Work Centers for internal activities?. if not define work center and assign activity type to WC in configuration. Rates for each type to be maintained by CO team.

Then in project builder, assign the WC to each network activity and input planned hours and save. The planned costs for each activity.

Hope this make sense.

Regards,

PSR

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The planned cost should appear at activity level.

You shouldn't need to release the project.

From CJ20N, select on internal activity, go to Edit>Costs>Plan/Actual-->Activity/Element (Ctrl+F11) and have a look.

Check for the workcenter in the internal activity which costcenter is assigned (CNR2) and then check in KP26 the price for the period in which the activity dates are planned.

Regards

Edited by: fortian on Feb 16, 2012 3:20 PM