cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order related billing reference sales document line items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Is it possible to create an order related billing document to invoice by line items of the sales document? If yes, how can I do this?

Here is the scenario. I am using the service contract order type in which each line item represent a milestone (copied from the billing plan) for a project on which a network is assigned. I need to create invoices for the due milestones and their dates. Currently my invoice is picking the milestone with the latest date which is not what I want.

Please help.

Luqman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please maintain a billing block at the line items where you don't want to create the invoice at the billing plan level.

Now,create the invoice for the required line items in the billing plan.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I have done that but it is not working. I made all configs and assignments for the billing plan type, order type and item categories but the invoice is still billing for line items with billing block on.

Any idea on what I need to do again or what I may have missed?

Thanks

Edited by: Luqman Abolaji on Feb 16, 2012 2:54 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just for information are you doing a prorata type billing in which partial quntity is billed for a milestone??

If yes then their is a solution. But if your are using a billing plan with milestone then the quantity is not modifiable.

Thanks and regards

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

I am using billing plan to bill, not prorated billing.

Any idea on what to do to fix it such that it wont bill line items with billing block?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone. I eventually figured out whtat I was missing. It is the assignment of the billing block to the ordert type. After I did this assignment, it worked as I wanted.

Cheers,

Luqman

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will recommend you to control your invoices as per milestone/billing plan, not on the basis of separate line items. however to control milestone dates. you can use the "Fix" column in billing plan tab in sales order. this field is use to adopt/update the dates from milestone, thus u can control whether the latest date is picked up in milestone or u may set that no date is updated from milestone.

please confirm if your problem in rectified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I didnt see the fix button you referred to. Your line of thought is exactly what I am trying to achieve but it is not working so far. Any help on what I may be missing?

Thanks,

Luqman