cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order type PROD requires a routing (transaction terminated)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, here is a case I am facing:

This is for manufacturing orders for E type semi finished product.

Some Manufacturing orders were found in CCR errors as existing only in APO and not in ECC. When I manually pushed those orders to ECC, I got the following error in the CQ:

"Order type PROD requires a routing (transaction terminated)"

When I check the order, I see that "conversion indicator" is ticked.

I check material master in ECC. Prod Version and BOM are existing. Routing as seen through CA03 is not existing. But Rate Routing exists and is valid, as seen in CA23 transaction. (Usage 1, status 4)

Next, when I check order type dependent parameters through transaction OPL8, I see that "Routing Type" field is marked as "N" which means "Routing". It is not "R" meaning "Rate Routing".

Repetitive mfg field is checked in MRP4 page. Also in prod version, REM Allowed field is ticked.

So, rate routing is sufficient, or is it that Routing needs to be created using CA01 as a solution to this, and Rate Routing is not applicable here? Or some changes need to be done in OPL8 or SPRO settings? Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

K,

???? You already know what the problem is

"Order type PROD requires a routing (transaction terminated)"

because

I see that "Routing Type" field is marked as "N" which means "Routing". It is not "R" meaning "Rate Routing".

I don't know what business scenario you are trying to accomplish, so I can't tell you what needs to be fixed.

Logically, since you have configured your system to require a routing, then you must supply a routing. If you don't want/need to create routings, then change the configuration.

Generally, you should troubleshoot all of your production order issues before trying to interface orders from APO. You should be able to manually create, in R/3, any type of production order you expect to come from APO. You should not get any errors during this manual creation.

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone suggest how to resolve this?