cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock relevant inspection lot with return from customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

What settings should I make so that when I make a sales order return from customer, I get a stock relevant inspection lot. What is available for me now is these 2 options:

1. To activate insp. type 06, and upon return, the stock will fall in the returns logic in the storage location, and an inspection lot will be created, but it is not stock relevant.

2. To activate insp. type 05, the stock will fall in the returns logic in the storage location, after that transfer from return to quality using mvt type 457, upon this transfer a stock relevant inp. lot is created.

Both solutions are not suitable for me because for the first option I do not have a stock relevant inp. lot, and for the second option, I loose the refernce to which customer this lot is relevant, and this information is very important for the process.

Regards,

MaX

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MaX,

Well I would suggest to with 1st method as this is standard practice.

No doubt you can have option to inward the material for customer returns directly in to quality inspection also. Follow the following steps.

1. Assign inspection type 05 in material master

2. Deactivate inspection type 06

3. Go To transaction VOV6

4. Double click on appropriate schedule line category that you are using for your return process

5. Change movement type there to 655. i.e. returns to quality inspection stock

6. Run a cycle. As a result of this stock will be posted to QI with stock relevant inspection lot

7. You can record results and post stock with UD as in normal case of GR.

8. Do not forget to check the effect of accounting and controlling document for this movement with your FI consultant.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can create inspection lot successfully when changing movement type of DN to 655 in VOV6, and add inspection type 05 to material. But, some material we don't need to do quality check, so we can't PGR because of movement type 655 is set and the material quantity have to move to QI stock. I would appreciate if someone can help me in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please remove inspection type 05 for the materials in which QM view is not required. Afer PGR stock will go to Inspection Stock without inspection lot. You can move the stock using 321 mvt type.

Try this it will work for your requirement.

Thanks & Regards

Devaraj.