cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap live report into Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am wanting to maintain a 'live' excel spreadsheet that continually updates with data from SAP and is displayed on factory floor.

Purpose of this is the show scrap generated within a production environment from movements 551, 555 and 955.

I have been downloading this data though MB51 on a daily basis, however would be benificail to have live updates for all to see.

So far I can connect SAP Interactive through Excel but am now stuck on what steps to take to extract data from SAP.

Do i now need complex codes or are relatively simple codes availbale (similar to vlookup)?

Hope I am heading in right direction.

Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm interested about this too... for a similar purpose

michael_hobbins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chris and Andreil:

I'm not very acquainted with MM module but I am with Excel + BAPIS (and making them interact).

If you want a real live dashboard, Excel isn't the best option, but with a couple of workarounds you may get somewhere very near.

Instead of your manually downloading of data from MB51, use function module BAPI_GOODSMVT_GETITEMS, which as far as I just tried you'll get the same info, or most of it. Being it a BAPI, it may be invoked from any app external to your ERP, in this case Excel. You'll have to play a little with BAPI_GOODSMVT_GETITEMS parameters to match the results with the reports your exporting from Tx MB51. Once determined how to use the parameters, you'll create a macro in your Excel which will connect to this BAPI and populate your Excel worksheeet the the desired columns and rows. You can even show alerts either with pop-ups or coloured cells.

Pre-requisite, the PC where your Excel spreadsheet will work needs a DLL that gets installed when installing SAPGUI on a PC. Otherwise you can copy the DLL from your PC and register it (ask your IT support to help you with this). One way or the other you'll need administrator rights, and you'll get to them.

This should help get set up for a draft version at least.

Cheers,

Michael