cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR for Enterprise 4.0: Unable to retrieve the datasource configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, I have the following issue with CR for Enterprise: I can successfully connect to our BI server, but when I select a universe I would like to build a report on, I receive the following error message about the validity of my data source: "Unable to retrieve the datasource configuration: com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN minor code: 0x0 completed: No". The universe I am trying to connect to is based on a relational connection and was built using the IDT 4.0 SP 1.

Thanks a lot for any guidance on how this could be resolved.

Sergey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is currently installed on both the BI server (appears among the applications in CMC) and on my laptop (as a rich client). The laptop installation can connect to the BI server and browse the universes list. But cannot connect to any of the universes.

Sergey

0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

I moved your post to the Universe Forum. Possibly something they can figure out.

But no I highly recommend you create a case in SMP and talk to a Rep to help debug the connection issue...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhilash, Don, I have checked with WebI (Web Intelligence Rich Client), and WebI established connections to my various universes without problems. It should be some problem with CR.

Sergey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surgey,

Well that is very strange! Is Crystal Reports for Enterprise installed on the server machine or on the local workstation?

If we are using Crystal Reports for Enterprise which is installed on a sperate workstation, try installing it on the server machine and then try to connect to universe.

- Kuldeep G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash, I am not using WebI (maybe I should, I will try to do some learning on WebI), sorry. But as to the data sources for my universes, those are cubes and DSO in various BW 7.x systems. They are connected to the universes via relational connections, then data foundations and then business layers. The universes are all *.unx.

Thanks,

Sergey

0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

I believe he suggested testing with WEBI just to verify the connection problem was not limited to CR4Ent.

Corba errors are typically related to configuration or permission issues. Make sure you have the proper rights to access the BOE Server. Can be Firewall and/or Port issues.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuldeep, thanks for your reply, I have this problem on every universe. I have already replaced my IDT 4.0 SP1 with SP2 today and created a universe using the SP2 version - but CR for Enterprise continues with the same error message.

Sergey

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about WebI reports? Does the universe work with WebI?

And, what is the data source of the Universe (What database is it created off)?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first question that I want to ask you is, is the issue specific to one universe or it's happening with multiple universes?

A suggestion from my side will be upgrade you BI 4.0 Sp1 to SP2 and see if the same behaviour occurs again or not.

Regards,

Kuldeep G