Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Import problem

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We met a language problem after SMLT importing ZH language.

Our system is ECC 6.0 SR3, newly installed, support package level:

SAP_BASIS SAPKB70014

SAP_APPL SAPKH60011

after installing, I import language from DVD 51033496_6, and then, I logon system with ZH language, most of the words are displayed as Chinese but strange is that some descritptions (when I click F4) are displayed as blank, function consultant said it should be displayed as normal. so, I'm confused wether there are some more language I need to import.

Currently in SMLT, under Chinese, there are two items:

Imported packges:SAPKLZHM10

Suplemented ith: ENGLISH

I have following two questions:

1. do I need to import anymore languae packages in order to display all chinese correctly?

2. do I need to import netweaver lanuages? since some tcodes like DB02, SM37 are still in english

3. is it obligatory to download othe language packages in solution manager? because I search "language neweaver" in service market place, but no record returned.

Thank you very much for all.

Freshman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manuel_suarez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Freshman,

As you are running an ECC 6.0 SR3, you have used the correct language package to install ZH language (that is, package SAPKLZHM10 from DVD 51033496_6).

But installing the language package is just the first step that you have to perform when installing a new language in the system.

This is what you have to do next to complete the Chinese language installation:

1. Install the language part of Support Packages.

If Support Packages have been applied into the system before installing ZH language, the texts in ZH included in those Support Packages are not available yet in your system. Therefore, you must proceed as follows:

SMLT --> single click on 'Chinese' to select it --> Language --> Special Actions --> Import Support Packages

a new screen will be displayed with all the Support Packages of your system. If any of them has a red light, it means that the ZH texts from that package are not in your system, so you have to click the 'Go to next screen' button. Now you will see a list with the Support Packages that had a red light in the previous screen; clicking again the 'Go to next screen' will start the import of the Chinese texts stored on those Support Packages.

2. Now you have to supplement Chinese language with English in all the clients of the system, starting with client 000. In order to do it logon into client 000 and go to:

SMLT --> single click on 'Chinese' to select it --> Language --> Supplement Language

if a screen pops-up with information about the Secondary Language, just click 'Yes' to continue.

Write anything you want in the 'Description' field, leave the default options and click 'Execute' to start the supplementation.

Once that it finishes, do the same in all the other existing clients in the system.

3. Finally, go to transaction SE38 and execute report RSTLAN20. In the selection screen that is displayed after executing the program select all the check boxes. It will refresh the language load from the buffers.

After that check the screens again, this time they should not be displayed as blank. Anyhow, if you have any problem update this thread and I'll have a look at it.

Regarding your second question about importing the netweaver language package, it is not needed. The language package for ECC 6.0 is enough. You must take into account that the degree of translation of Chinese is 0 (it can be seen in SMLT, double click in 'Chinese'). It means that SAP has only delivered some texts translated into Chinese, you cannot expect to have all the texts in the system in Chinese. For the languages with degree of translation lower than 2, most of the "technical" transactions (DB02, ST04, etc) are not translated and will be displayed in the supplementary language (English in your case).

And regarding the Solution Manager language package, in an ECC 6.0 system you don't have to install any Solution Manager language package.

But if you have a Solution Manager system, you must use the corresponding language package created for Solution Manager systems. Depending on your Solution Manager release, you have to use one of these DVD: (you will find all the information about which DVD and language package corersponds to each release in [SAP Note 330104|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/330104|Link to SAP Note 330104] )

- Solution-Manager 4.0 SR1:

DVD 51032007

Language package: SAPKLZH40SR1SOLMANF0

- Solution-Manager 4.0 SR2:

DVD 51032525

Language package: SAPKLZH40SR2SOLMANF0

- Solution-Manager 4.0 SR3:

DVD 51032957

Language package: SAPKLZH40SR3SOLMANF0

- Solution Manager 7.0:

DVD 51033519

Language package: SAPKLZH40SR4SOLMANF0

- Solution-Manager 7.0 EHP1:

DVD 51036447

Language package: SAPKLZH70EHP1SOLMAF0

- Solution-Manager 7.0 EHP1 SR1:

DVD 51040440

Language package: SAPKLZH701SR1SOLMAF0

- Solution-Manager 7.1:

DVD 51040119

Language package: SAPKLZH710CASOLMANF0

- Solution-Manager 7.1 SR1:

DVD 51042608

Language package: SAPKLZH71SR1SOLMANX0

Best regards,

Manuel Suarez.

Edited by: Manuel Suarez on Feb 16, 2012 3:33 PM

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Manuel,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I noticed that I need to supplement language in all clients, so I have done it. But still the chinese can not be displayed.

And the report (RS*20) you mentioned in step 3 can not be found in my system.

Could you kindly advice further?

Thank you very much.

best regards,

Freshman

manuel_suarez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry for not answering before, I haven't seen your reply until now...

And sorry for the typo... when I said RSTLAN20 I really meant RSLANG20. Could you please try running that program in transaction SE38?. When executing it a new screen will be displayed; here select all the check boxes and click the 'Execute' icon.

If after that the incidence persists, could you please tell me an example of a screen without the Chinese texts? (it would be enough to write down in the message all the steps that you follow in the system to reach that screen).

Best regards,

Manuel Suarez.

former_member459694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Manuel,

Problem finally be solved. It is because the supplement error.

in the supplement screen, I need to click "Customizing tables RSREFILL", in this case, all the cutomizng tables will be filled with chinese (copy from original client to target client)

I found the reason through following clues:

1. only customizing tables have no chinese

2. client 000 is ok, it contains chinese, while others are not, it proves the import process is successful.

so, I tried to click "Customizing tables" on, finally it works. notes 43853 is a good material for oher people who met this problem.

Thanks for Manuel.

Best regards,

Freshman

manuel_suarez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad to hear that the incidence has been solved after suplpementing clients different from 000 with the option "Customizing tables. Combined with RSREFILL"

As per my experience, this option is always selected by default when supplemeting a language in a client different from 000 by going to:

SMLT --> single click on a language to select it --> Language --> Supplement Language

If in your system it is not selected by default, do not forget to select it during a supplementation (just in case that in the future you need to supplement a language again or you install a new language in the system and proceed wih the supplementation of the new language).

Best regards,

Manuel.