cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM Backward Scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I'm quite new to SNP and CTM so I need help on the CTM process. I have read and search on how the Backward scheduling works for CTM and what are the setp-up. Below is the scenario.

For example, I'm running CTM with Finite scheduling so it will take into consideration the Capacity of the resource. The capacity of the resource per week is 150, but on week 7 the total demand is 400. Given that week 5 and 6 already have capacity of 100 and 100 respectively. May I know how long does it takes for CTM to consider rescheduing the other demand backwards (week 4, week 3 etc.) ? Where is the backward scheduling for CTM set-up? Please note that we are not using forward scheduling.

Thanks a lot,

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GSU
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond

Your first Q: How long it takes to schedule it back--- It depends on many factorsdo you allow lateness/shortage--Order Creation Frame,Maximum Lateness/Earliness allowed,overall leadtime etc...(//ctmcust1)/MAT1 Settings

Second Q-where you set scheduling direct-You set the scheduling direction in CTM Profile (strategies tab)

But,if that could not be done,CTM switches automaticallly to 'Forward' irrespective of the setting..

Thanks and Regards

Suresh

NB:Please reward answer if it is helpful/useful