cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbenches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is is possible to have a different home workbench depending on you being in a particular group?

For example, and IT manager gets a workbench when they first log in with specific channels relevant to them, where as a logistics manager would get a different workbench when they first log in with different channels?

I know they can customize their own workbench but can we default it to have them get their group specific workbench or if there only 1 default?

If it is possible could someone point me in the right direction as to how this is done.

Many thanks

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike -

Unfortunately, there is only one default workbench page for buyside users of SAP Sourcing / CLM, so you cannot create separate default pages for different groups of users.

However, you can create additional workbench pages that are assigned to certain user groups. Workbench pages offer a "collaborator" capability much like SAP Sourcing business documents. This capability allows an administrator type user to create a workbench page that is then shared and made available to users and groups that "collaborate" on that workbench page.

In you paricular case, you could create a "home" workbench page with a limited set of channels on it. You could then create separate workbench pages for each of the groups that need unique pages and add those groups as collaborators on that page. That workbench page can then be made available in the top navigation bar. Additionally, you could train users to do a one-time configuration to "hide" the default home page and have the group page come up as the default home page.

I hope this information is helpful.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Only one workbench template is possible for all standard buy side or sell side user identified by attribute Default Purchaser Page / Default Seller Page respectively.

You can have different workbench templates for standard, internal and CSR users but grouping within these is not possible. I would suggest customization of workbench page relevant for user by system admin at the time of creation fo user.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Edited by: Mudit_UCB on Feb 16, 2012 10:49 AM