cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map new fields in Syndicator and generate new xsd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created new fields in MDM. Now, I want to map these fields to the destination items in syndicator, but I can not see these fields in destination items tab. I am using xml file as for syndication. I understand that we can not create fileds in destination tab for xml structure. Please uggest, how can I achieve the mapping and generate the new xsd for PI use?

Thanks,

Rajeev

Edited by: Rajeev Bhardwaj on Feb 16, 2012 2:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

You have to generate XSD for the XML file .Please follow the document to generate XSD.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c065c565-60a4-2c10-8d95-af250ca89...

then once XSD is generated.

In Syndicator Select File -> New -> Select the XSD you declared here

Map the fields and save the map

Then, syndicate.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you let m eknow hoe to generate xsd directly from MDM? This threads seems to be talking about generating xsd through NW. Also, Once the xsd is generated, will I have to map all the fields once again or just the newly created fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Unfortunately there is no direct method in MDM.But once you have NW CE system and Java jar files ,the process to generate XSD will be very easy.

and once you generate XSD you have to do mapping all again.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

You may or may not need to remap depending on how much change you are doing to the schema.

I am pasting some content of syndicator ref guide here :

Updating a Map's XML Schema

Syndicator uses the XML schema associated with an XML map to define the destination items available on that map. If changes are made to the XML schema after a map has been created, or if you wish to use a different XML schema with the map, you can use the Update XML Schema operation to reload the XML schema into the map.

 To update or switch a map's XML schema:

1. Choose File > Update XML Schemau2026 from the main menu (map must be in an unmodified state for this option to be enabled).

2. Choose the new or updated XML schema and its related properties.

3. Syndicator refreshes the map's Destination items tree with the information contained in the selected XML schema.

NOTE ►► Existing destination items and mappings may change or disappear according to the new XML schema. Syndicator displays warnings and enters log messages in these cases

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for updating .I never tried this option.

Its a new learning for me too

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

Pleasure is mine

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi.

I could not see the option

1) Choose File > Update XML Schemau2026 in MDM syndicator.

Can you please elaborate , how can I add a newly created field in MDM to syndication map when my syndication file is an xml?

Edited by: Rajeev Bhardwaj on Feb 16, 2012 3:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

This feature is supported from SAP MDM 7.1 and the excerpt is from guide pertaining to SP 08.

I do not have system with me right now,but i guess for this operation to work you have to open your map first.

You also have to have the newly created xsd which you want use as base and select that.

The rest remains as mentioned.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Which MDM version you are using .

This option is released with MDM 7.1 SP06 even Iam using MDM 7.1 SP05 and i could not find it .

for more details go through the relase notes of MDM 7.1 SP06 .

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Answers (0)