cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Paramter login/password_max_idle_productive

Former Member

Hello,

i have a question about the paramter login/password_max_idle_productive.

If i set this to 180.

Will this look users only in a productive client for example 020 which are not login during this 180 days, or will it lock also users in the other clients like 000, 001 and 066.

kind regards,

Bernhard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

It specifies the maximum period for which a productive password (a password chosen by the user) remains valid if it is not used. After this period has expired, the password can no longer be used for authentication. The user administrator can reactivate password-based logon by assigning a new initial password.

Permissible values: 0 u2013 24,000 (unit: days); Default value 0, that is, the check is deactivated

If you set this parameter, then it impacts all the clients.

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i know function from the paramter.

But for example i don't login to client 000 that often. If i set the paramter to 90 days for example than it will also lock my user in this client. We are only 2 guys for the basic administration which mean if noboady login in this 90 days both users are loocked.

Or effects this paramter only clients which have the client role "production"?

kind regards

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

As per my knowledge, it won't lock the user, if you set it as 90 and after 90 days if you login then it asks for password reset.

I suggest you to change the user type to "system" for ddic in all clients, if you want to avoid those users to impact.

when ever you need, you can just change the user type to dailouge.

Hope it is clear now.

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i did a test in a MINI SAP System with the parameter "login/password_max_idle_productive = 1" and it looks all user in all clients after one day. So no chance to login, i have to change the profile at the filesystem and restart the system to login.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. It will lock in other users in other clients also. As your changing the profiles. profile parameter are common access to for all clients.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it look at all user types or just dialog?