cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic License management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured automatic license management in solman.

I can see the system data in License management overview

For one particular system , the maintenance license got expired and is displaying as Red in color

Question 1:

Why my Automatic license management doesn't renew the maintenance license for this system at service market place?

Question 2:

Now I have manually renewed it at service market place for that particular system .

but still It is showing red in color in License management overview

Trouble shooting :

I ran REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT and checked but still the the new license didn't reached solman system

The job log doesn't gives any error.

Please let me know what I'm missing.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Sandy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Could you please let us know the steps undertaken for this?

Did you look at the prerequisites for Solman and Managed Systems?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/dc/0a929d9ac44cdf88f789334201712d/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/89/a7c08d740c4cffb491f98801f17d30/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1core/helpdata/en/41/42b6397c604278b6626f3d570c98c8/content.htm

Incorrect Service tool packages may be causing this issue.

Br,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat ,

My Solman ST-PI application component is on 2008_1_700 --0004 and it has all pre-requisites.

and for some systems I can see that the maintenance license are coming to solman from service market place.

I need to know why the solman was not able to get license for this particular system xyz

As such I have already read those links.

Thanks

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat ,

My Solman ST-PI application component is on 2008_1_700 --0004 and it has all pre-requisites.

and for some systems I can see that the maintenance license are coming to solman from service market place.

I need to know why the solman was not able to get license for this particular system xyz

As such I have already read those links.

Thanks

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

What is the job log for SDCCN task Get License Data in the satellite system? Is SDCCN active there?

You can also give a try with this note.

Note 1280664 - Distribution of maintenance certificates: Troubleshooting

Br,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vekat,

I'm not talking abt my satellite system for now.(so I'm ruling out SDCCN in managed system)

I just need my license to reflect in my solman system.

I can see the new maintenance license for xyz as 05/06/2012 at service market place.

when I run RAGS_MK_DISPLAY_FILE in solman . It shows the old status as 02/07/2012 for xyz

As for my knowledge , REFRESH_ADMIN*SUPPORT job gets the required data from backbone to solman

I couldn't see any error logs for that job but still my renewed license is not getting updated in solman.

Let me know if I miss anything

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Did you delete the contents of the tables AGS_MAINT_KEYS and AGS_MK_LIC_EXP ?

This is described in the troubleshooting note as well.

Br,

Venky