Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario regarding Sales Organization, distribution channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am doing

1. Simple Domestic sales from manufacturing plant

2. Depot Sales: In which, Stock transfer between two plants i.e. from Manufacturing Plant to Depot and sales from depot

3. Exports: Sales to other country.

Now, my confusion is, whether i can use a single sales organization and three distribution channel for all these three scenarios or do i have to create three different sales organizations along with three distribution channels and do the processes?

My anather question is, if i want to do depot sales, then it is possible to have one manufacturing plant and two storage locations at different places. i.e. issuing storage locatin and receiving storage location.

Is it possible to sell goods from receiving storage location to end customer?

What will be simple organizational structure i can make to acheive these things?

I would be very helpful if you can give me your expert inputs on the scenario. I am trying to make the simple organization structure with less complications for my client.

Thank you

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now, my confusion is, whether i can use a single sales organization and three distribution channel for all these three scenarios or do i have to create three different sales organizations along with three distribution channels and do the processes?

Single sales organisation would be best.

Regards

JP

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for replying my querry.

I will be going with 1 sales organization and 3 distribution channels.

thanks and regards

Amit

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As suggested the best choice will be to go ahead with one sales organization for all these scenario. Since in domestic sale / export sale the only difference will be the Pricing configuration and that can be easily mapped using the either a distribution channel / or a customer pricing procedure.

Now when it comes to handling the sales scenario - there is a option to go ahead with two or even three distribution channel.

1. Domestic Sale (Can handle Both Depot sale and Manufacturing same- seperate dist.channel will help to pick right pricing procedure

2. Export Sale - This distribution channel will help you to pickup export pricing procedure (Also if not then you can have customer pricing procedure to pick the export pricing )

3. Stock Transfer (Can be done through domestic sale also)- I hope a seperate pricing procedure will be created for STO. So from the reporting purpose a seperate dist.channel can help you to have more clarity to the user - Again will help you to pick a different pricing procedure (A seperate Cust.pr.Pro can also be used to pick a different pricing procedure)

4. If you are using DEPOT sale with Excisable mean you need to maintain RG23D register. Also you need to generate Excise Invoice, challan . If you use transfer process of storage location to storage locationthen there are concerns as how you will generate challan and Invoice. OR if it is a DEPOT to DEPOT Transfer then also you need supporting document. please do check as whether you need the required output or not.

So Depot need to be maintained a PLANT in SAP with a check box as saying Excisable and relevant for RG23D. and a Normal Sales process will follow. Reporting can be done of PLANT as a primary key.

Distribution channel will be a simpler way of Differentiation - and for reporting purpose.

Thanks

RB

Edited by: RBhardwaj on Feb 16, 2012 6:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replies experts..

I will be doing one sales organization for all three processes.

But, if i want to do depot sales, then it is possible to have one manufacturing plant and two storage locations at different places. i.e. issuing storage locatin and receiving storage location.

Is it possible to sell goods from receiving storage location to end customer?

Thanks and Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use a single sales organization and three distribution channel for all these three scenarios is the best to minimise complications.

Regards,

vikas

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

As per my Knowledge

1. One Sale Organization

2. 2 Distribution Channels (Domestic & Exports)

3. Plants : 4 ( Manufacturing plant , Depot plant , 2 Storage locations treat as a plant)

4. Shipping Points : 4 (create Those 2 storage locations as a Shipping points , Plant , Depot)

Maintain the Shipping points Settings in OVL2 and OVL3

For Manufacturing plant to Depot process Check the Below link

[Re: Excisable Finished Goods Stock Transfer (India specific) |http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2138052&tstart=50]

For STO process between 2 plants , check the below link

[STO PO Process |http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1074054]

Regards,

Prasanna