Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference to SC in classic Scenario

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We're planning to install SRM 7 EHP 2 with backend ECC 6 EHP 5. We plan to use classic scenario, as we know that now, classic scenario already support Sourcing Cockpit and creation of RFx/Auction referring to SC.

However we want to clarify somethings. As I know, the control for classic scenario can be set to 2 things:

a. If stock available create reservation,

b. If external, create PR if no source found.

So let's say that in classic scenario, I create SC with non-stock item. Once it is approved, does it create PR in backend? Or it is not creating PR in backend, rather it sticks in SRM and go to sourcing.

Then in sourcing, let's say I decide to create RFx, and as result, I create PO from RFx response. As it is in classic, the PO will be created directly in backend. In backend, what will be the value in PR field? Is it going to show the SC number? The PR number? (assuming that once approved, SC will create PR in backend as well) OR the PO will NOT have any reference to the SC at all?

Appreciate if someone can shed some light of system behaviour in this case.

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So let's say that in classic scenario, I create SC with non-stock item. Once it is approved, does it create PR in backend? Or it is not creating PR in backend, rather it sticks in SRM and go to sourcing.

Ans: In classic scenario for a non stock item if the source is not there,after the SC is approved it will create PR

in the backend.

In Extended classic sceanario(ECS) if the Sc is not having source once the SC is approved it will go to Sourcing cockpit

(or) you can see in Purchaser worklist

Then in sourcing, let's say I decide to create RFx, and as result, I create PO from RFx response. As it is in classic, the PO will be created directly in backend.

Ans : In ECS if you creating Rfx to PO in the tracking tab you can see the SC.

In backend, what will be the value in PR field? Is it going to show the SC number? The PR number? (assuming that once approved, SC will create PR in backend as well) OR the PO will NOT have any reference to the SC at all?

This is not clear

G.Ganesh Kumar

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Prior to SRM 7, the behaviour of classic scenario is as you mention before where we cannot do sourcing for SC in classic scenario as it already gone to backend.

However apparently this restriction is not there anymore in SRM 7, as mention in this link:

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2129343&tstart=0

and this:

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2136546&tstart=0

hence, as it is confirmed that the SC in classic still can be sourced in SRM, what is the exact behaviour. Is the SC created as PR as well in backend? Or as it is still sourced in SRM, the PR is not created first in backend.

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

As per the thread

SC->purchase requisition-> Classic purchase Order

SC-> SOCO-> Classic purchase Order

SC->SOCO->RFx->RFx Response-> Classic purchase Order

But eventually all will lead to Classic purchase Order.

1) once the PR is in Backend . PO will be in Backend.

2)If the SC in in SRM then do the sourcing and PO will be in Backend.

you have to do the necessary config setting..

Try to create the scenario in Dev server

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Ideally we will have a dev server where we can test the scenario. However, we are now in blueprint phase, and as usual the guys on top doesnt give us the server. So I really need a confirmation that this can really be done and how the data will be structured

Best regards,

John

0 Kudos

Hi

The Sourcing can be defined to enable sourcing and hence Classic/ECS, it will go to the sourcing cockpit if there is no source of supply and will not create a PR in the back-end.

If the sourcing is not defined for this product category, then the incomplete cart will create a PR in the Back-End.

Hope this clarifies .

regds

velu

Edited by: velu333 on Feb 17, 2012 1:41 PM

Edited by: velu333 on Feb 17, 2012 1:45 PM

Answers (0)