cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue regarding cell action in webdynpro for abap alv

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus,

i have one requirement in webdynpro for abap alv.i have one alv table in that i have one coloun employee name.

for that i have provided F4 help and that is editable field.if i select value from F4 help it is getting value correctly and it is showing properly at the same time it is allowing values entered manually insted of from F4 help.but as per my requiremnet it should not allow any manually entered values.how can i get this functinality. i am not aware indepth od WDA.

could you go through my isssue and could you revert me some solution.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think this is possible because when you can change the value using F4 then it would obviously be

possible to enter manually.

You can try using a drop down instead because in drop down you cannot enter values manually,

But this would be good if the values that can be shown in drop down are very low, if the values are more

then again user will face problems selecting values.

Else you can try out what srinivas suggested, But dont know whether we can have two cell editors at a time

inside a single cell of ALV. Please post the answer if you have found any other way to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes harshit,

exactly i have more values in F4 help almost 200 values at the same time there might be the chance to add more values in future also. the look and feel also not good if values are more.

but user asking the same functinality only.

could suggest me you have any idea,

\

best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajasekar,

I dont think this is possible, dint find any solution to get your requirement done.

lets wait if someone has any idea.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can't done this with single INPUT field, but check this workaround

Add a text view element beside input field, and make width of input as 0, then you will see text view and a small F4 help icon( input field help icon).

Now write the code like,

up on selecting the value from F4 help, bind the same value to text view element. So that selected value will be visible to enduser.

Regards

Srinivas