cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the licensing model of Duet Enterprise ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're evaluating the Due Ent (with the Trial VMs). But the TCO is key to top manager.

Can anyone let me know the licensing model of Duet Enterprise (and price, if possible) ?

As I know, in addition to the SAP professional user license we already have, still need to pay for

• SharePoint Portal

• Duet Enterprise (Share Point add-on)

• Duet Enterprise (SAP)

is that correct ?

I'm not sure Duet Enterprise for SAP is charged by named account or CPU ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson,

You don't have to pay for Duet Enterprise twice.  Duet Enterprise is a product developed jointly by MSFT and SAP, and both MSFT and SAP sell it.  Duet Enterprise provides access to SAP data and processes from MSFT SharePoint 2010, so yes, naturally you need SharePoint licenses from MSFT.  You already have SAP professional user licenses for the SAP backend access, so the only product you need to buy is Duet Enterprise for the number of SAP users you are planning to accomodate.  As for the price, you can get a quote from your account executive.

If you want to provide access to SAP to additional users, you may consider buying Gateway licenses.  Talk to your account executive about the cost effective options.

Hope this helps,

Ella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ella,

Considering that I am using Duet Enterprise to integrate SAP + SP2010 and want to give access to new users or basically they are not SAP users but they want to view(Read) the SAP data in sharepoint just for dashboarding/reporting purpose so in that I presume that Duet License should be enough or they would be needing SAP license as well as they are not not doing any Transaction in SAP or on day to day basis they don't have to be in SAP.

Could you please let me know what sought of license they should be having or an enterprise should buy.

Thanks in advance.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Viewing the SAP data may require a certain type of license, and you need to contact your SAP account executive to find the best way to get your additional users covered and stay compliant.

Best,

Ella