cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error accessing MaxDB Database on Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am currently having a problem accessing a MaxDB database during my install of Business Objects Platform for Linux. I believe this issue to be more related to the install of MaxDB than I do the platform.

I go through the install, until the install tries to connect to my already existing MaxDB Database. I then enter the information asked of me, hit enter, and receive the following error:

Error Dialog

An Error has occurred:

You cannot proceed because the following has failed validation:

Database access error. Reason Loading shared object failed. First tried to Load library SQLDBC_C and failed becasue of error: [SQLDBC_C: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory]. Second tried to load library libSQLDBC_C.so and failed because of error: [libSQLDBC_C.s: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory].

Cannot verify database login information. [INS00104]

I read this error to say that I have not moved a file to the shared library as I should. As I am not very familiar with doing installs on Linux, so I am curious if I missed an important step of turning on a "shared" library or something similar.

Any insight at all would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That did it, my problem was I did this using the root user and not the bo install user so the environmental variable didn't save for both users.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Ensure the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to where libSQLDBC_C.so is present.

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Use the following command to set the new path.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:<NEWPATH_TO_LIB>

or

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $LD_LIBRARY_PATH:<NEWPATH_TO_LIB>

Br,

Venky