cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct delivery: language problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The context of the process: a PReq is created directly from sales order direct delivery item, PReq is assigned to a vendor and then converted into PO.

Additional information:

a. An NLAG material has a generic desciption maintained in material master in languages FR and DE,

b. This generic decription is overriden manually by the user on sales order item to make the direct purchase customer-specific,

c. The customer's language is DE,

c. The vendor's language is FR.

Issues:

a. The specific description is copied into PO item only if customer's language = vendor's language, otherwise the description in vendor's language is copied from the material master.

b. PO's output form ignores PO item description, it systematically uses the description in vendor's language copied from the material master.

Question:

Are both points expected Sap standard behavior? If yes, what standard action margin (customizing, user exit, etc.) do I have to avoid users to maintain manually the same information (i.e. material description) twice in the same continous process?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not an expert in Purchasing (this is an SD forum, by the way), so I can't say if it's standard or not. But, as an ABAPer, I think such things easiest of all can be addressed in a PO form (Smartform or PDF). In the form you can choose to print whatever text's needed, as long as reasonable criteria can be provided. Actually maybe if you change the SO form, there might be no need to manually change the description.

(I'm assuming you have already searched the SAP notes regarding this.)