Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File sender adapter: trigger mail if file is not there

former_member440449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an scenario where I have a file sender adapter, and I need to look for a file in a specific folder from a specific FTP site.

If the file is not present there, I need to trigger an alert to let some people know that the file was not found.

Is this possible? If so, how should I do it?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member440449
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any way to force the adapter to "fail" in case the file is not there? Like a timeout exception, o anything that can leave the adapter in "red" status instead of green?

If this is possible, please let me know how.

Thanks!

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally, PI is not supposed to handled these type of scenarios. You should look for some OS level scripts which does the job for you.

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could also write an abap in your PI system to call the function 'EPS_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING' against the FTP site/folder/filename(s) at a required interval if you don't want to use a BPM. This abap could also send an email if you so desired.

The general theory should be that if you can do something a simpler way then don't use BPM's if you can avoid them.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go for a ccBPM.

Have a deadline monitoring set up in the ccBPM and then trigger an email using a send step.

Best regards,

Ravikanth Talagana