Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.0 user connection to SAP HANA

DanH1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Looking for some input here. We are approaching the integration of BI 4.0 to SAP HANA using Active Directory

authentication. Does anyone know if each buisness user has to be created in HANA as well as BI (which the security guide seems to suggest) or can a single communication user be used ? Thanks ! ! ! WEB intelligence will be used as the users

front end.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

currently the users need to be created in BI and in HANA - there is no shared user management available yet.

regards,

Lars

DanH1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lars.... so is it correct to say it is a one to one creation ? ie user has to be created in BI (BOBJ) and the same user created in HANA ..not a single communication type user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can HANA be authenticated against LDAP similar to how BI 4.0 can be?

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Yes,Users can be authenticated either by the SAP HANA database itself (login with user and password) or authentication can be delegated to an external authentication providers such as an LDAP directory

Rgds,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks for the response! Can you point me to a document which has the detailed steps on this (HANA LDAP authentication)?

deepu

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

You can refer the following doc which talks about external authentication with SAP HANA

http://help.sap.com/hana/hana1_sec_en.pdf

Rgds,

Murali

DanH1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.. the link did not work but i think my question is getting missed. What i am trying to pinpoint is can a single system communication user be used on HANA for multiple users in BI 4 BOBJ (which are authenticated there from LDAP) or does each user that is authenticated in LDAP using BOBJ(WEBI in this case) need to be setup in HANA (EXTERNAL) ? ie when a user makes a call to the database are they needed to have their user account in HANA or a generic system communication user?

trying to get a feel of the systems will be administered. Thanks !

manish_umarwadia2
Participant
0 Kudos

You can use a generic system user (e.g. BOBJUSER) but all actual BOBJ users will "inherit" the roles/privileges of this BOBJUSER created in the HANA database. You can do this when you create the JDBC connection between BOBJ and HANA.

It is analogous to BW/HANA where there's one user connecting the BW application to HANA DB but application level security is handles in BW and not in HANA.

So you would need to structure your user-specific security in BOBJ. Obviously HANA Analytic privileges can't be used either with one HANA id.

Answers (0)