cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted CVC's combination for product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My User has deleted the CVC's combination for one product in APO. He is asking me load the deleted data by tracing in ECC.How can we trace out the Product Hierarchy in ECC for the Product. Please help me.

Thanks,

Manasa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

Assuming that the user has deleted the CVCs only in the planning area, I have the following possible options:

1) Do you take backup of data from planning area? If yes, go to the backup cube, and you can find all the CVCs correspodning to the product. Create CVCs using the backup cube. Then load the data from the backup cube to the planning area (by using this material as selection criteria). Most likely you would be able to recover all the lost CVCs/Key Figures in this way (Depends on what kind of backup you take).

2) If you are not taking a backup (I would be very surprsied if this is the case), your task might not be easy. Talk to your BW team. They would be either sending the history data relevant for creation of CVC, or they might also be extracting data from DP planning area for reporting purpose. Either ways, it might be easy to identify the CVCs based on data available in BW system.

Next would come the issue of how to get the Key Figures data against the CVCs. It could be simple or complex depending on your design. I can't directly comment. May be you can get history data easily from BW, and then run the DP jobs in APO to do the relevant calculation, or otherwise wait for the already scheduled DP jobs to run and they would take care of DP related calculations. Be very careful about this part - you would need to understand your DP flow properly before taking any actions.

3) You could try to identify the missing CVCs in R/3 by understanding what all characteristics you use in DP, and how you derive them during creation of CVC. Again you could try to identify how you would get the Key Figures against the CVCs from R/3 to APO. Again, my guess is that these calculations should mostly happen in BW, so above option no. 2 should hold good, but depends on your design. If you are not using BW to get data for DP, your situation could be very tricky.

PS: If backup is taken (option 1), that is the simplest and straight forward option for you, go for it. Otherwise, best of luck.

Thanks - Pawan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan and Ada,

I taken the data directly from RSA1. from info cube, I got all CVC'S Combination ..Thanks fopr your help. Points are rewarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan Pathak,

We create CVC's every week from cube (Horizon : From : past one month -- To - 6months data)as a part of weekly activites.Then how to trace that partcular product in Cube and that how to find out in which period it falls down.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use transaction LISTCUBE to check the data in the cube.

You'll get to know which periods the data you want find.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

User created the CVC's from the data source as Info Provider(Sales order Cube)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Then that will be easy I think. They must still have that infoprovider.

Go to /sapapo/mc62, input MPOS name and select "create characteristic combinations". In the next screen, check "load to worklist", and then select "infoprovider" for the datasource -> load data from field.

You can input the infoprovider's name, and you use selection condition to restrict the data to that specific product.

After executsion, you'll get a list of CVCs. You can check whether this is what you want, and you can also make changes to it by adding/deleting entries or making changes.

When the list is ok for you, just push generate button, you'll get the CVCs created for the MPOS.

Best Regards,

Ada

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Consider how did you build up those CVCs at the first beginning.

Generally there must be some file or backup for these CVCs for referrence. Since it is unimaginable that the users purely created them manually without any document.

As you can see, in /sapapo/mc62, CVCs can be created from files or cubes. Purely manual creation is not a common case. So just try to find it out --- the file or the cube.

If nothing is left, then you should start as you did it before. As Pawan said, good luck.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan Pathak,

The user directly deleted in SAPAPO/MC62.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

That means that my assumption was correct. User has only deleted data from the Planning Area, and not from any linked cube (e.g. backup cube).

You could choose the option that suits you most (Try to find out regarding the possibility of retrieveing data from backup cube as it is definitely the best option).

With other options, you might be able to retrieve only limited data.

Thanks - Pawan