Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V_VBKA_VKO object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i`ve created a role and added the transaction VC01N to it. this transaction brought in the object V_VBKA_VKO. for the organisational Levels i maintain all the necessary fields but when users who have the role run the transaction they receive thsi error "You do not have authorisation to create a sales activity".

why is this happening? when i remove the organisatonal levels it works fine. i have checked that the organisational level data is correct.

7 REPLIES 7

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

That was already done.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Authorization check which was made through object can be over ridden when some settings are done in customizing.

V_VBKA_VKO has some strange behaviour unlike other auth objects, refer below from auth object documentation

A user who is defined as the responsible employee in the partner screen of a sales activity may process the sales activity even though he or she is not authorized with this authorization object. Conversely, if you do not define any authorization objects for users, only those users who are defined in sales activities as partners are authorized to process sales activities.

If a user does not enter some of the organizational data in a sales activity (for example, the sales office), then the corresponding field in the authorization for the user must be left blank.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/EN/93/743647546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

This is the reason why it worked when it has no org values, failed probably because user was trying to create sales activity which was not allowed for him from authorization object and also from partner screen of sales activity.

Regards,

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

As soon as the user enters into the transaction it gives the error message. the user can still go ahead and enter data to creadte the sales activity but it won't allow them to save the activity because the save button is DEACTIVATED. Also the user is allowed by object activities to create within the object organisational values.

why is the save button deactivated along with the error message?

0 Kudos

Hi ottleyj ,

User is getting Not Authorized message because he was not authorized for that particular sales activity

Check users access for V_VBKA_VKO

ACTVT : 01

KTAAR : any sales activity type

Save Button will be enabled for the sales activity which has create authorization under this object, suppose when user runs transaction VC01N defaults if it was pointing to different sales activity which user was not authorized it will throw not authorized message along with disabling save button.

When user selects the other sales activity type which he was authorized save button will be automatically enabled.

So check for create access for the sales activity type which users is trying.

Regards,

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I`ve maintained an asterisk * for KTAAR an its still not working. could it have anything to do with data maintenance in transaction V V C B ?

0 Kudos

Hi Ottleyj,

Check what is the activity you have maintained for role which gives access to KTAAR field, if it is not maintained as create it wont work.

Yes as i earlier mentioned VVCB overrides the authorization made through this object V_VBKA_VKO if employee is defined as responsible for that sales activity

Regards,

Rakesh