Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADDRESS DELIVERY PARAGRAPH AS - Issue

carlos_rodriguez4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing the following issue with ADDRESS DELIVERY PARAGRAPH AS. The address used to be properly displayed, but suddenly the postal code and region is being duplicated, the reason is that this function now is returning, in the field CITY1, the city, postal code and region, to be more clear:

It used to be:

City: Miami

Region: FL

Postal code: 123456

But now this function is returning:

City: MIami FL 123456

Region: FL

Postal code: 123456

So now in my form I see:

MIami FL 123456 FL 123456

This is something that happens only in one environment (development) but this is not happening in quality environment, so it makes me suspect that this may be related to data or configuration.

I know how to fix this, but if I leave only the field CITY1, when I move this to Quality, I may have problems.

By the way, this is happening in a Z form which is a copy of a standard form (MEDRUCK), and this code comes from the standard part:

ADDRESS DELIVERY PARAGRAPH AS
  TITLE    &ADRC-TITLE&
  NAME     &ADRC-NAME1&, &ADRC-NAME3&, &ADRC-NAME4&
  STREET   &ADRC-STREET&
  CITY     &ADRC-CITY1&
  POSTCODE &ADRC-POST_CODE1&
  COUNTRY  &ADRC-COUNTRY&
  REGION   &ADRC-REGION&
  FROMCOUNTRY &LFA1-LAND1&
ENDADDRESS

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

somebody maintained address data and put Miama, FL 23456 in the city field, instead of just Miami?

carlos_rodriguez4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I checked that too. But this is actually happening to every vendor it is not for just one. Debugging the Sapscript I noticed that the field ADRC-CITY1 comes already with the Miami FL 123456 (in dev), I have not idea what is happening, I will fix this in a way that should work for any environment, I don't have any alternative.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before making any changes, look at the city field in the underlying tables and check that they are the same in both instances. It could be a configuration issue.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do any of your changes relate to the city, region or postal code?

Rob

carlos_rodriguez4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nop, it is exactly the same code above. Debugging I noticed that actually the field CITY1 comes wrong:

Miami FL 123456 FL 123456

This happens in function ADDRESS_INTO_PRINTFORM.

This is odd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debug in both DEV and QA. See what is going into and coming out of this FM in both systems.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, the first thing to do is to verify that the forms are the same in DEV and QA. Have you done that?

Rob

carlos_rodriguez4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I did, the form in DEV has some changes I have been working on, but this section is exactly the same.

Thanks,