cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a server proxy need XI comm channel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a scenario where file-> XI ->R/3, if I want to use serve proxy, then is that mandatory that I need to use XI communication channel?

Thanks

KK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

In server proxies xi pipeline sends request to these proxies. The XI adapter that we actually use acts like the pipeline through which we send the request.

We generally use XI Adapter to communicate to SAP System when the SAP System is implementing proxies.So irrespective of weather we are trying a client or server proxies we need to use a XI Adapter.

Please go through the information provided in the blogs below which explains clearly the Scenario you want to try.

<a href="/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy Proxies in XI</a>

<a href="/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies Server Proxies</a>

<a href="/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy to R/3 via ABAP Proxy</a>

I hope it helps.....

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you confirm me.

1. I thought client proxy dont need XI adapter as mandatory

2. no where in the comm channel or during the configuration of scenario we refer to the specific proxy whih has to be used, so how does that scenario knows whic proxy to execute( my guess is it knows from the interface?)

Thanks

KK

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KK,

For both Inbound and Outbound side, you need XI adapter when dealing with Proxies.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh thanks,

Could you answer m second questions too.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2. no where in the comm channel or during the configuration of scenario we refer to the specific proxy whih has to be used, so how does that scenario knows whic proxy to execute( my guess is it knows from the interface?)

>>>

your proxy is triggered based on your messg. interface. and in your sender/recv. agreemnt your CC is binded with the Mesg. Intf.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes ofcourse you have to use XI Adapter as communication channel.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e1/091640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

ABAP Server Proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

Thanks,

Prakash