cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro application execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to achieve below scenario?

I have created custom web-dynpro application to update cats. Application is accessible by the employees through PORTAL but employees are not having enough authorizations to update cats and client is not ready to provide any CATS related authorizations. How I can update CATS?

Is there any possibility to use SWITCH user functionality while update cats from portal?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

you dont need to give complete CATS authorization You have to find corresponding authroization object to users.

Try updating without authorization, then you will get the error, so to find out the exact authorization object

then go to system menu>>>>utilities>>>display authorization check

there u can see the corresponding authorization objects, now add those object to role.

I dont think you have an alternative way.

Regards

Srinivas

Edited by: sanasrinivas on Feb 16, 2012 10:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Client is not ready to provide the authorizations. That's why we are trying with via user option. I have tried with online job scheduling using via super user and it is working fine, but in this case we required job open/close and submit auth.. for the user which is not possible.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then i dont think we have other solution. Lets wait others suggestions

Because as you said you are already using SSO, it means, portal user and corresponding R/2 USER should be mapped.

Concept of giving user id and password in SICF ( different user ) wont work SSO.

I have one more idea, but i dont know whether it will work or not.

instead of providing userid and password in webgui service,

Create one service for your CATS component, in that service provide user id( which has all authorization ) and password. then it may work.

Regards

Srinivas

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Execute SICF transaction , goto default_host-> sap -> bc -> web dynpro -> sap . Now double click on your Web dynpro Application Name and in logon details tab, mention the user name and password of who is having authorization to CATS. so when other user logs in to portal it will execute defaultly by the user id provided in sicf log on.

Hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I have SSO configured, will this configuration work?

Thanks for the reply..

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

If you configure SSO, when you log on to portal, no need to log on to SAP again., i.,e a log on page for Web Dynpro Application will not come, only one time log on is enough,

I think if you do it like mentioned in my previous reply, as like SSO, no need to log on again, and the application will execute with the user id mentioned in SICF .

Hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You mean to say application will recognised portal login user and CATS FM execution will happend via SICF user. But I have one dought here I am using sy-uname in my application for getting the employee details. Will it work in this scenario?

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using Sy-uname again it will capture the same user from portal, so it wont work. As suggested by srinivas try the other option.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran/Sriniwas,

If i will give pernr as input, in that case our scenario will work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Update?

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

For updating cats, you are passing sy-uname rite.!! so as explained earlier, mention the user ID and Password in SICF who is having authorizations, and even if you logon with other user also in portal, the sy-uname will return the user which was maintained in logon details of sicf. So I think this will help u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Let me check and get back to you. I will give you the update on Saturday.