cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SRM - SRM MDM Catalog _ Supplier Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have configured a scenario between SRM and SRM MDM Catalog. It is a proxy communication from SRM System and PI would send a file to MDM Catalog.

For the CatalogPublicationRequest_Out (Supplier) Interface, we are executing ROS_SUPPLIER_SEND_TO_CATALOG report in SRM. After the execution, we could see a message saying that the transfer is successful but unfortunately we could not find any XML message in SXMB_MONI both in SRM and PI systems. I request you to throw some light and feed me with your recommendations. Every response is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Lakshman V.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your Proxy communication properly set up ?

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Krishna,

I can see Interface details in SPROXY transaction in SRM system and the required RFC destinations are set as well.

Regards,

Lakshman V.

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check if the connection exists in SPROXY to the ESR.

If the connection is perfect in SPROXY then try to debug ABAP report if the outbound proxy is executed correctly.

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check if the connection exists in SPROXY to the ESR.

If the connection is perfect in SPROXY then try to debug ABAP report if the outbound proxy is executed correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that there is some issue with the program, we are debugging it. But my question here is, it is a standard program "ROS_SUPPLIER_SEND_TO_CATALOG" and the ABAP proxy which was generated is by a standard ESR Content which we have imported for SRM MDM Catalog from market place.

We can not expect error behaviour from a standard program. Do we need to maintain any proxy code in Sender system after it got generated automatlically from a standard content? I mean, like we develop a custom proxy, we do maintain the EXEC_ASNYC method of it right..

Regards,

Lakshman V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is a problem in the program , how can you get a message proxy generated successfulyl as you had mentioned when you started this thread ?

Weird

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes.. this was looking weird! anyway, we got a break-through. There is no problem with the report and the config in deed.

When we debug the program we came to know that it uses a SRM switch CAT_FTP_ABAP, if that switch is active it bypasses PI runtime and send the file directly to MDM catalog when we maintain Rec. Details in a table /SAPSRM/CAT_FTP. If that swith is deactive then it has to use PI to send the file. With out knowing the fact that the switch is active we are expecting a XML message in PI. That made us little worry. Now, All is well!

Thank you every one.

Lakshman V.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

what do you see in SXI_MONITOR in SRM ?

is the SRM connected to PI correctly ? can you see interfaces in PI in TCODE SPROXY in SRM ?

check out this blog:

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/3022

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your reply.

First, There is no XML message in SXI_MONITOR in SRM.

I could see the PI Interface in SPROXY in SRM system.

SLDCHECK is success and maintained SLD access details in Transaction SLDAPICUST.

This is the first interface we are setting between SRM and PI and if this goes well the remaning interfaces would not face any issues.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Lakshman V.