cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alter Button from FPM_API dependant on which VC is currently shown?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to do the following:

The button "SAVE" within FITV_FPM which is shown on a lot of VCs within the Travel Services should be visible ONLY within FITE_VC_REVIEW. I want this button to be invisible on all other VCs, for example FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA.

Is there a way over the FPM_API or maybe in WDDOMODIFYVIEW in FITV_FPM which would make this achievable?

What I already did was hide the 'EXIT' button in general by doing a post method of WDDOMODIFYVIEW in FITV_FPM Layout View. But here I don't have the problem needing to know "where I am" at the moment VC-wise.

Cheers, Lukas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

For hiding "EXIT" button, you should try doing it from Component configuration rather than WDDOMODIFYVIEW in FITV_FPM Layout View.

Similarly for the visibility of button "SAVE", i would suggest to locate Component configuration of needed Travel services and then hide from all the VCs.

This may be tedious task , however a better option then making changes directly in WDDOMODIFY view.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

thank you for your reply. However I have to disagree. Although SAP "suggests" to use component- and application configurations rather than enhancements, I find enhancements to be a lot more consistent in usage, better organizable and better to understand. Another point is, in case I alter these Configurations, I meddle with the namespace from SAP and it will count as a modification, which I want to avoid at all costs. Last but not least, component configurations will not allow for differentiated customization between View Containers within the component, which is exactly what I need.

Do you know how it could be done coding-wise? My main problem is not knowing "where" within the roadmap I currently am; is there any way I can retrieve this information? I.e./for example how does the floor plan manager know it is currently showing its buttons for FITE_VC_REVIEW rather than FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA?

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

In the WDDOMODIFYVIEW of the layout view (FITV_FPM) , i think we can get the name of the calling component:

Something like this:

1.Get referance of the controller:

l_controller_api ?= wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

l_component_api = l_controller_api->get_component( ).

2.Get application name

l_application_api = l_component_api->get_application( ).

l_application_info = l_application_api->get_application_info( ).

lv_app_name = l_application_info->get_name( ).

Hope this works

Bhanu

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

thanks for the code snippet but this only returns the calling APPLICATION name, i.e. FITE_REQUEST. However I need the name of the View Container currently shown ;-(

I tried playing around with this:

lo_controller_api ?= wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ). 
lo_component_api = lo_controller_api->get_component( ). 
lo_component_info = lo_component_api->GET_COMPONENT_INFO( ).
lv_comp_name = lo_component_info->get_name( ).

And tried to look for something helpful within lo_component info, but no luck yet.

;-(

Cheers, Lukas

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doesn't work either way from the FPM component to the VC or from the VC over the FPM API -_-

So I'm just throwing an info message which also aborts navigation on click of the button.

Case closed. :-<

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

please try following coding:

DATA lo_navigation TYPE REF TO ig_navigation .
DATA lo_elem_step TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_element.
DATA lo_node_caps TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node.
DATA lo_node_mcas TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node.
DATA lo_node_popups TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node.

lo_navigation =   wd_this->get_navigation_ctr( ).

lo_navigation->ctx_current_step(
     IMPORTING
       eo_elem_step =      lo_elem_step              " ref to if_wd_context_element
       eo_node_caps =      lo_node_caps              " ref to if_wd_context_node
       eo_node_mcas =      lo_node_mcas              " ref to if_wd_context_node
       eo_node_popups =    lo_node_popups              " ref to if_wd_context_node
   ).

In the object lo_elem_step you can find static attributes with the current step id 😉

Hope it was helpfull

Greetings from Germany to Germany

Christian