Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during database connection to the database : MS SQL Server 2008 R2

syedayubahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working with ABAP Proxy to Rec JDBC( Integrating XI with MS SQL Server 2008 R2). I am using SAP PI 7.0

I am getting error in RWB at communication channel monitoring :

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://10.1.92.111:1433;database=XONTUSERVENTURA_ORG_TEST' using the JDBC driver 'com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://10.1.92.111:1433;database=XONTUSERVENTURA_ORG_TEST': SAPClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver'

I have given Connection details at Rec JDBC Communication channel as :

JDBC Driver as : com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Connection : jdbc:sqlserver://10.1.92.111:1433;database=XONTUSERVENTURA_ORG_TEST.

Please help me in this regard. I really appreciate your valuable information and time.

Thanks and Regards,

Ayub.

Edited by: Ayubsajjid on Feb 15, 2012 8:49 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you deployed the JDBC driver to your PI ?

if not you need to deploy it first to work with MS SQL server

Note 1138877 - How to Deploy External Drivers JDBC/JMS Adapters

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

syedayubahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for quick replay and providing valuable information.

have you deployed the JDBC driver to your PI ? sorry , I did't get the question, from where I have to check it is deployed or not.

But , at the time of creating JDBC communication channel I can see JDBC the in list of adapter. route path as : In Integration Configuration>New>Increating Object>Collaboration Profile>Communication Channel-->Find JDBC(JDBC http://sap.com/xi/XI/System SAP BASIS 7.00).

Please help me in this regard.

Regards,

Ayub.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ayub

Prerequisite for JDBC scenarios is you have to deploy JDBC relevent driver in PI system, Driver file is vendor dependent,

check with your Basis team they will check in Server if Driver deployed or not.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

syedayubahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all.

syedayubahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for valuable suggestions and inputs , with your inputs i got an way to resolve this issue.

Resloved this issues by installing/deploying sqljdbc.jar file in SAP PI.

with the help of this link :

Using SDM tool.

If anybody facing same issue get to me i will try to help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check if your DB server is up and also check if your JDBC drivers are installed properly.

Try to ping your DB server from your PI Run-->cmd --> ping DB IP/host name if ping is successfull check your firewall connections from PI to DB.

Do telnet test from putty giving the server name and port number and let me know the result.

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu

syedayubahmed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your valuable inputs on my question...

As per all your inputs, we have to install/Deploy the below required jar files in the aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda file

ojdbc14.jar

msbase.jar

mssqlserver.jar

msutil.jar

Can you please tell me from where we will exact this .jar file, bcoz we have search lotzz but we helpless.

We install from this link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=21599-->; we download sqljdbc_3.0.1301.101_enu file >sqljdbc_3.0>enu-->in that I find sqljdbc.jar and sqljdbc4.jar files only . I cant above said .jar files.

Please help me.

Regards,

Ayub.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deploy the below required jar files in the aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda file

ojdbc14.jar

msbase.jar

mssqlserver.jar

msutil.jar

sahana_ps
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

you can check with basis team whether jdbc driver are deployed in pi system.this is a prerequiste for jdbc scenario.

for more info,u can see this link :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f04ce027-934d-2a10-5a8f-fa0b1ed4d...

driver - com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

connection - jdbc:sqlserver://<ipaddress>:<port>:<dbname>

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

JDBC Driver as : com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Connection : jdbc:sqlserver://10.1.92.111:1433;database=XONTUSERVENTURA_ORG_TEST.

After trying the steps mentioned by Michal, can you also try using

JDBC Driver as : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver 
Connection : jdbc:sqlserver://10.1.92.111:1433;databaseName=XONTUSERVENTURA_ORG_TEST.

Hope this helps,

Mark