cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project def. description & WBS description in multiple language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

In my current project client want to maintain Project def. description & WBS description in English and Arabic simultaneously( but not as long text).

Is it possible to maintain two description together( 1st in English and other 2nd in Arabic) for a Project def. and WBS Element at the time of creating project hierarchical structure in CJ20N.

So when the client will login to SAP as Language English/Arabic they can view the description as per the login language selected.

I am looking forward for your reply.

Regards,

Amlan Neogi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan

you need to activate OPS_PS_CL_1

Multi language support has to be activated  for object ML(IMG-->project systems-->Activate Multi language support)

When you create a new PS object a new tab Short text appears in which you can maintain the language and the description.

so when ever the user logs on with the language then the description o the object  in that language will be displayed

regards

Vijay

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amlan Neogi

If I understand you correctly that you want Both Languages displayed at the same time ?

I am not sure this is possible ?

the way the system works is the WBS description the table PRPS.

And the key fields of the table PRPS are only MANDT(client) and PSPNR

(WBS element internal number).

The login language is not the key element.

So whatever language you have logged in, the updated WBS element description is

populated on the screen.

WBS descriptions are not stored according to the login language.

I hope this helps?

Ger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can activate Activate Multi-Language Support using CNLDSTINIT and aslo refer to following link:

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/47/508ef2260f3940e10000000a421138/content.htm]

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harsh,

Thanks for your valuable time, but one thing is not clear to me after viewing the refering link, that is it possible to maintain two description together as same point of time in English and Arabic?

Regards,

Amlan Neogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the time user logs in to SAP, he/she can select the language. When user will select arabic, he can see descriptions in arabic.

I have not worked on multi-language settings, but i know that it is possible. You can can try it, and please share the settings/results for the same.

Regards,

Harsh.