cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have trying to install SAP BW3.1 in my desktop , i have made six drives c,d,e,f,g,h out of 200 GB hard disk

i have installed sap4.7c using c,d,e drives Operating system on c drive windows 2000 and installlation was successful

NEXT when i tried to install windows 2000 on f drive the path have changed c , d ,e to c, h , I drives and f,g,h drives to J, K, N

Now installed win 2000 on J Drive to load sap BW 3.1 till the data base post processing R3load Loading 1 waiting 0

there was an error and installlation stopped

Then i restart the system it says file missing and system could not boot and shows c drive is damaged

then once again from the scrath i have to load sap4.7 again

even the second time same problem araised c drive is getting courrpted

Can you please suggest where is it going wrong while installating sap bw , i was very much careful assaigning drive while loading sap BW

Thanks

chinni

Sapchinni@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-> you installed win2k after (?) sap bw 3.1...what was that for?

-> why split the one disk into 6 partitions? it's still one disk....

use only one partition - it should be sufficient for your needs [i suppose..otherwise you'd have more disks/disk-systems and no desktop ;-)]; install win2k and afterwards (not vice versa!) start installing db and sap software...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP installation may not cause any file system corruption at the level you are obtaining it. SAP - and as far as I know - all database vendors did use the Windows API to access the file system (as long as you are not using raw devices, which I can not recommend on Windows, because it is not tested by SAP).

First of all I would recommend you to check you hardware, if it looks fine check your device drivers.

regards

Peter