cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to register the an SAP system in SAP Marketplace?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed a new sap system. How do I register that in SAP Marketplace? I followed the OSS note 94998. But couldn't get through. I went ot the following path for registering my system:

Data Administration >> System Data >> Create New System

When I followed the above path, it took me to the tab 'Keys and Requests'. But from here I am not able to proceed.

Just FYI, as of now the installation key is showing as INITIAL in my system.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ritesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Please contact the Super admins of your customer number.

They will be able to help you register your system and provide you with a valid license key.

You will have to provide them with details as below.

1. System ID of the instance

2. System Name,

3. System Type - Development/Training/Production etc

4. Product - SAP ERP /SAP BW/ SAP CRM/SAP HANA what ever is applicable

5. Version - Will depend based on what you enter in product

6. Database -

7. Operating System -

8. Hardware Key - can be obtained from system where you have installed SAP. Just below where it show installation number is initial the Hardware key will start with a Character and followed by 10 numbers.

9. System Type ABAP/ABAP+JAVA/JAVA/Portal

10. valid Untill - go with the default value.

11. Email address of the person who needs the license/or the default email id of the super admin

Thanks

Jaianandh V

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Means you have not licensed your system.

Go to Service.sap.com > License Keys > request A permanent License Key > Select an Installation .

Here you can create your system, provide the hardware key , your system will be added and you ll get license key to the Email provided during the above steps .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I don't have the Installation number. Its INITIAL when I checked in the system. So how can I select the Installation number?

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Ritesh

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have a registered customer who have bought valid licenses for SAP Products , SAP is supposed to give the Installation number . But in some cases , they will miss to provide the same. It happened to me also once . You can raise an OSS message to SAP to provide the needed INSTALLATION number and then it will be given and so you can license the systems.

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

One more thing, the Installation number in SYSTEM , will come only after you installed the license .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But how do I register my system on SAP Marketplace? There has to be some way for this.

It shows the installation numbers of the system which are already there.

Regards,

Ritesh Jain

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Why you are not able to license and register the system via Service.sap.com > License Keys > request A permanent License Key > Select an Installation number . Are you getting any error or what?