Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO type in classic scenario

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We're planning to use classic scenario in SRM 7 EHP 2 with backend ECC 6 EHP 5. In my previous project, i'm using extended classic, where after accepting RFx response, I can click simulate and create PO, and I can choose the PO type that I want to use (we have 5 PO types that we configure BOTH in SRM and ECC, as in extended classic, the leading PO is in SRM, I have setup internal number in SRM and external number in ECC).

In classic, can we also have the same feature where we can choose the PO type? Because as I recall, the determination of object in backend is in a setting where we can only define ONE number range for PO only. Is it possible during classic scenario I can choose which PO type that I want to create in ECC?

Appreciate your help on this.

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating PO from RFX, no pop up window will be opened to select the PO document type in Classic Scenario. Please have a look at the Knowledge base document no 1580116- "Classic scenario: Transaction types in Step 3 of the Sourcing Cockpit ".

SAP note 1323983 allows this modification. This is a modification note and is not available in standard.

Thanks,

Anshu

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu,

Thank you very much for your guidance. So reading note 1580116 it seems that classic scenario not supporting these features. However you're saying that using note 1323983 it can make it appear. Have you used this note? And will it enable the PO type BOTH in screen carry out sourcing and during creation of PO for RFx response?

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please have a look at the SAP note no 1323983, it will resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Anshu

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu,

Thanks for the reference to the notes. However it is not mentioned spesifically whether this feature will be active as well in classic scenario. As you know in classic, the PO will be created in ECC directly rather than in SRM. Are you saying that you know for sure that the choice of PO type will be available as well when we're creating PO from RFx response in classic scenario environement?

Best regards,

Yosea