Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

information about SUS

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We are planning to implement SRM 7 EHP 2 with backend ECC 6 EHP 5. We're now evaluating the use of Supplier Collaboration (SUS) in our landscape.

I have some things to confirmed:

1. Is SUS like an add-on to SRM or ECC, or is it a module by itself?

2. I read that we can have 2 variant, MM-SUS, and EBP-SUS. Is the difference only to which system the SUS linked? or there are some differences in features

3. I read that supplier data is maintained in SUS as well, can we shift the vendor pre-qualitification process from ROS to SUS as well? Can we have them both for pre-qualitication process (ROS and SUS)?

4. Can someone provide me a documentation explaining the features of SUS and how to configure it?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Is SUS like an add-on to SRM or ECC, or is it a module by itself?

:- Supplier Self Service (SUS) is not an add on. It's a component of SRM. It is suggested to implement SUS on different client.

I don't call it as a module as it's part of SRM.

2. I read that we can have 2 variant, MM-SUS, and EBP-SUS. Is the difference only to which system the SUS linked? or there are some differences in features

:- MM-SUS & EBP-SUS are two types of impelementation scenarios. Both vary in fetures too. In EBP-SUS process after POR is a consulting solution. Where as in MM-SUS one can achive whole P2P cycle(in built).

3. I read that supplier data is maintained in SUS as well, can we shift the vendor pre-qualitification process from ROS to SUS as well? Can we have them both for pre-qualitication process (ROS and SUS)?

:- ROS functionlity is provided by SAP for pre-qualification process. SUS contains supplier data.

4. Can someone provide me a documentation explaining the features of SUS and how to configure it?

:- SAP Supplier Relationship Management 7.0: Plan-Driven Procurement dcoument has all required information for SUS implementation.

You will get documents on SAP Service Market Place.

Regards,

yaniVy

reward if helps

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi YaniVy,

Thanks for the reply. I want to confirm some more things

After reading some more materials, I conclude that MM-SUS is linked to classic scenario, while EBP-SUS is linked to extended classic scenario. Is this correct?

If above is correct, I'm kind of confuse with the following points:

a. Note 700350 mentions that by standard, classic scenario (which I assume MM-SUS) not supporting PO for service. So can I also conclude that the MM-SUS is not by standard complete? (as need some consulting solution as per note 868192.

b. Inferring from point a, I assume that full functionality regarding materials, which is for example creating GR is supported in SUS. But the notes only mention ASN, which reading from some other materials, ASN in SUS only trigger the inbound delivery in ECC, then the purchaser need to create GR against this inbound delivery. In my point of view ASN is not really like the GR we wanted. The question is, using classic scenarion (which I assume MM-SUS), can we straightly create GR in SUS rather only ASN first?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John,

You are right....MM-SUS is used with Classic Scenario and EBP-SUS with Extended Classic.

Service POs are supported with MM-SUS provided you use ECC Ehp 4.0 as the backend with SRM 7.0.

As a standard, you can only create an ASN in SUS, which will create an inbound delivery in ECC against which you can create a GR.

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

After reading some more materials, I conclude that MM-SUS is linked to classic scenario, while EBP-SUS is linked to extended classic scenario. Is this correct?

:- Yes. You are precisely correct.

a.

:- Service PO can be created in MM-SUS & EBP-SUS both. You need to use SE_SERVICES_PROCUREMENT (XI) scenario to activate it.

b.

:- Creation of ASN is in SAP scenario. If you want to create your own scenario you can tweak XI scenario. It's a hectic task in all.

As well it's possible to create confirmation at SUS too.

Regards,

yaniVy

reward if helps

Answers (0)