cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD (Requirement type)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, thanks for your time. I have some doubts i hope somebody could help me solve.

The business case : The company wish to use Co08 to make a production order but once we introduce the sale Order we get

the error that there is no CO object. We discover its because in the sales order, procurement tab we can see requirement

type= 011....after investigate we found that isnt possible to use Co08 when requirement type is =011. But we ignore which requirement type would allow us to use Co08, why and which is the effect of change the requirement type

My first question is, what does it mean that field? (Requirement type) what impact does it have in the business to change the requirement type to one that allow us to use Co08?

Note: THe business doesnt use MRP, i think thats why the requirement type is 011.

My second question is : Where can i know what does the requirement type mean or does?

My third question : From where does the system get the requirement type and where could i change? so when i set plant to 1000 the system set the requirement type the business need? I thikn its important to say again, there is no MRP

As an extra notes: Again, there is no MRP, all the input for the sales order, materials, come from a different ERP. We use a ABAP UI to get the required fields and create them in SAP.

The current requirement type is set, once we enter the plant, and the requirement type is set =011

Thanks to all for reading, might be confusing so if there is any question i will try to answer it.

THANKS AGAIN and happy 14 feb.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all, we have learned a lot and now we can advance to the next problem XD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make to Order Cycle Flow :

1. Create SO with VA01

2.Create Production Order with CO:

Enter Sales order number and Item No.

Order type: PP

Click on FLAG,

Select Generate Operation and enter NO,

save the Document.

3. Confirm the Production Order with CO15.

4.Create Goods Receipts with MB31 and Give the Moment Type 101.

5.Check the Stock Position with MMBE & then create Delivery with VL01N, Billing with VF01 and Post to Accounts

If MTO is with respect to MRP :

There Must be an strategy Group which should be associalted with the material you are selling.

Under SPRO , you need to check the Requirement Type associated with that particular strategy Group.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/MaketoOrder(MTO)andMaketoStock(MTS)

OVZG - Defining Requirements Classes SD

OVZH - Defining Requirements Types

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks to all, we finally solve that problem (yay) now we are facing new ones but for that i will first search more info and know where could i post it, since now it doesnt allow me to create deliver because stock we think, but until we are sure what the problem is we will not bother any of u any longer!

THANKS AGAIN, i have learn lot of new things and of course saved the T.Codes hehe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the path! ill look for it annd see what can i do.

C.Ankit , may be a really noob question, but where can i see the startegy group? u say in MRP3 tab of material but does the material have that tab when there is no MRP in the system? i was told all the "inputs" come from other ERP which an ABAP UI take the values and use them to create material list and materials.

Under that condition, there is a MRP3 tab, and where can i see that material tab? is there a transaction for it?

THANKS!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Strategy group we maintain in material master MRP3 view .when you click F1on strategy group and read there is planning strategy click on it will take you in path of planning strategy but the planning strategy is define by PP consultant.Planning strategy comes in Demand management ---> Planning independent requirement -->define Planning strategy.

Regards

Sanjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Just goto MM02 enter your matrial number. and click on button Select Views. There you select the MRP3 View and Tick it.

Just By entering the plant number in which material is placed you can see its MRP3 View.

There you can check the strategy group. Now do F4 on Stratergy Grp. Tab.Now click on Strategies (wrt Strategy Grp No.)

.Here you can see the correct Requirement Type for the Material.

Hope it is useful.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but where can i see the startegy group?

You can check in OPPS

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Requirement Type : It depends on which material you are selling in the Sales Order.

Under MRP3 Tab of Material, there is startegy group

e,g : like

20 - MTO Production Net

21 - MTO Production Gross

There is an Requirement type which is associated with each strategy Grp.

e.g : for 20 Stg Grp. the Requirement type may be LSF/BSF/VSF.

Like wise You need to check the correct Requirement Type for Order.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sanjit, i understand a bit more about the requirement type now, u mention that in In Planning strategy we define requirement type of customer Requirement but where is it? I assume its in IMG, but can i have like the path?

So...for what i read, if at the moment we have the system configure so that using Plant 1000 the requirement type in procurement =011 we shouldnt manually change (or configure system) the requirement type to one that allow us use Co08 right? is there like an option system to know where or how requirement type 011 affect the system?, i think requirement type 011 is "delivery request" or something like that.

Thanks again, it was a big help to read ur post

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Goto: IMG - SD - Basic Functions - Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements - Transfer of Requirements - Define Requirements Types.

Here you assign Requirement Class & subsequently open link - Define Requirements Classes.

Here you can see various conttrols defined in Requirement Class.

Requirement Type is determined by Transaction thru Item Category + MRP Type in Masterial Master.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

<< Moderator message - Cut and paste response from various sources removed and points unassigned. Plagiarism is not allowed in SCN >>

Regards

Sanjit

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Feb 15, 2012 10:17 AM