cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GTS 10.0 background batch job vs print job per destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Let's say we run a batch job daily for customs declarations on the background, can they pile up in the background and then for example Friday when all shipments are ready, just print the acumulated declarations for that week to a specific destination? Does GTS have the same options in terms of background jobs for online and printing separate as ECC allows?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the answer, I see it, however it does not give me the options for printing that I would need. The printing options are very limited, how about country of destination or customer # or something else by which it prints based on some rationale? I guess this goes back to my other question on grouping at the shipment consolidation level in ECC.

Thanks.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xvendri,

Yes, you can arrange a background job for printing. Assuming that you have GTS 8.0; in the Import/Export cockpit you will find the "Message Cockpit", where you can "Monitor Output of Active Messages". On the Selection Screen you can set up parameters for finding Declarations, and arrange to select all with status "unprocessed". During the run, all Declarations with active messages will try to execute. Of course, if any are still incomplete, they will not be processed.

Alternatively, you could let the users execute as normal through the week, but set up the printer without immediate printing selected, let the print outputs pile up in the print queue; then release them all on Fridays.

Hope that helps,

Dave

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops, just noticed in the heading that you have GTS 10.0. In that case, you will find the Transaction in the "System Monitoring" area, on the "Message Processing" tab.

Regards,

Dave