cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping point determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while determining the shipping point , please clarify me that shipping conditions are taken in to consideration from sold to party or ship to party ? I have searched the fourm. It is mentioned like shipping conditions are mentioned in customer master shipping tab. ( not sure whether it is sold to party or ship to party ).

thank you.

Regards,

SP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Agree with every one .

shipping conditions will be picked from sold to party shiiping tab and sales document.

if shipping conditions are nt maintained in customer mater ( sold to party ), these conditions wil picked from

sales document type.

not sure , what will happne if shipping conditions are maintained for both sodl to party, ship to party and sales document.

I think preference will be given to ship to party by the system ( please check it ).

please revert back.

regards,

Suresh

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HII

SP,

As per my understanding you want to know under which partner function this shipping conditions will be stored.Shipping condition is maintain in Ship to Party partner function ( sales area data tab --- shipping.)

-Shipping conditions will be defaulted from the CMR of SP. If a value exists in the sales document type (eg. OR) then it will have priority and will replace the value defaulted from CMR.

Regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To use three field to search the shipping point in system,

1, Shipping Condtion in Sold-to

2, Loading Group in Material

3, Delivery Plant

Best Regards,

Anson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you very much for replies.

my query is when we have sold to party and ship to party, where do we need to assign shipping conditions ?

( ex: sold to party ABC, ship to party XYZ)

as the answer provided by you, preference will be given to customer mastwr sold to party. but when we maintain different

shipping condition for ship to party, how will the system will respond ?

thank you very much.

Regards,

SP

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

System will take Shipping Condition from Sold-To-Party.

Also hope you already know that system will first search for Shipping Conditions in Sales Document Type. If it is not mentioned in Sales Document, it will take it from Customer Master of Sold - to - Party.

The above is clearly mentioned in SAP documentation at IMG - Logistics Execution - Shipping - Basic Shipping Functions - Shipping Point and Goods Receiving Point Determination - Assign Shipping Points - Execute.

In the maintenance screen hit F1 on SC (Shipping Conditions) & read the details under "Procedure".

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Edited by: Jignesh Mehta on Feb 15, 2012 12:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If shipping condition is maintain at

- Sales doc type

Sold-to party customer master Shipping tab in the sales area data.

If it is maintained in sales document type then system picks from it

if not maintain then it picks from sold-to-party customer master record.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it will default from ship to if you maintain shipping condition both on ship to and sold to, also you can try to maintain different shipping point in ship to and sold to and see which one did system fetch? If you need me to have a test just let me know.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI

If shipping condition is maintain at

- Sold-to party customer master Shipping tab in the sales area data

- Sales doc type

Then, while automatically determination of Shipping condition in sales order give preference to shipping condition maintained in Sold-to party customer master Shipping tab in the sales area data for each sales area over shipping condition maintained in sales doc type.

You can try & check.

Regards

JP

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The shipping condition is proposed from the sales document type (t.code VOV8). If nothing defined there, then it is picked from sold-to party customer master to determine the shipping point.

Regards,