cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we attach input payload of failed message in Alert mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please suggest If by using alert framework (No BPM) can we attach payload of failed message in alert mail.

If yes, Another query...

Scenario: IDoc to File

Requirement: If message fails in PI, need to trigger an alert mail having IDoc number(DOCNUM) in it.

Regards,

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why not use ALEAUDIT IDocs for this?

- Turn on ALEAUDIT for your Inbound IDoc

- Make the configuration to treat each ALEAUDIT as a XI Request message

- Use a Conditional Receiver Determination, that checks the ALEAUDIT IDoc status ( Error message will have status 17 I think, but you can check in runtime ) and if the status is error status, perform Mail Mapping and send using Mail Adapter

Check How to Guide on How to Handle IDoc Acknowledgements for details on this approach.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Actually no. of interfaces are already developed and running for IDoc to File scenarios, And its not advisable from customer to do any major change in configuration, that's why I am looking for an easier approach to handle this.

Do you have any idea, If we can trigger mail once the message fails in PI using customer bean or java coding so that in this way we can send the input IDoc value as well.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Raghav

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HOw about using the container variable

SXMS_MSG_GUID concatenated with the url to show messages?

Something like:

http://XXXXXXXXXX:HTTP PORT/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?~transaction=*SXI_SHOW_MESSAGEMSGGUID=< your msxmx_msg_guid?

The alert email receiver can click the link to see the payload details.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Actually need to populate the mail having input IDoc Number field present in it (Once the message fails in PI). Is there any way by which we can directly send the whole payload or particular field via mail.

Any suggestions...

Regards,

Raghav

former_member323756
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raghavendra,

I have the same concern to send the Idoc number to the alert mail recipients in case of any errors captured in SAP PI 7.3 dual stack.

Did you get any solution to this ? Please provide the valuable input.

Regards,

Shikha

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghvendra,

We have similar requirement .

How was this achieved.?

Regards,

Shradha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

If you are using Graphical mapping - you can use the UDF based alerts to notify the user on the error.

Here you can get the attribute value or even the complete payload based on the value(s) you are passing into your UDF.

Please refer below blogs:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4077

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4714

Cheers,

Sunil.

former_member601407
Participant
0 Kudos

Links are broken.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

>>>>> if the error can be handled as a receiver determination condition

Ravi - Can you pls explain a bit more the receiver determination error handling to capture DOCNUM field in mail.

Could it be possible to handle this with any alternate generic approach?

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Ravi - Can you pls explain a bit more the receiver determination error handling to capture DOCNUM field in mail.

By sening DOCNUM as email Alert is not possible.

If receiver is not exists then in Receiver determination we have 3 options (Error Message, Ignore and select another receiver), we can select these options.

> Could it be possible to handle this with any alternate generic approach?

By configuring Email Alerts we can get the error but here we don't get any specific field values.

Regards,

Venkata Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your update Vankata, Please let me know in case message successfully passed receiver determination step and after that if it fails in any other step then how can we proceed for mail including Input payload field values.

Thanks for you suggestions sunil but I need to send mail only when any error happend in PI scenario. While using UDF or RFC lookup concept, I can only send mails independent of PI message failure. I mean to say what if message failed before mapping execution.

One query, Is it possible to handle this kind of scenario requirement where the input field value need to populate in mails ( not using BPM) via Custom modules?

Waiting for more suggestions on this.

Regards,

Raghav

Edited by: RaghavTiwari on Feb 15, 2012 3:55 PM

Edited by: RaghavTiwari on Feb 15, 2012 4:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I AM ASSUMING THAT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ATTACH INPUT FIELD IN ALERT MAIL.

Requirement changed a bit & now we are concentrating only on mapping part.

Scenario: IDoc to File

Requirement: If Message Mapping fails at any point of time, need to trigger a mail having DOCNUM field.

One point here to mention, as we have already used graphical mapping for mapping purpose so please let me know what approch for sending mail should be used one map fails.

Regards,

Raghav

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

To your second point, if the error can be handled as a receiver determination condition, then there is an option to send a a different receiver in case of No receiver being found.

That receiver is to be configured as a mail receiver.

Best regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Please suggest If by using alert framework (No BPM) can we attach payload of failed message in alert mail.

this is not possible in standard

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk